• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Everyone please join me in welcoming Four Guns to our growing list of Advertising Site Supporters!

You can find their INGO forum here: Four Guns - INGunOwners

Their presence on INGO will be manned by T-bolt.

Welcome to INGO! :ingo:

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    I've been to 4-Guns three times.
    1st time: I waited for 20 minutes while 1 salesman was working to sell a $300 gun to a first timer and the other salesman was discussing AR's with a couple. Neither of them spoke to me. Got tired of waiting and left.

2nd time: I walked in 20 minutes before closing and the staff was locking everything up. Was told if it was something quick they could help. Said thanks turned and left.

3rd time: 3 salesmen waiting on different people, 2 other customers in line waiting. Turned and left.

I'll say one thing for them, there always seem to be cars in lot. However, I can't comment on how good they are because I don't know.

Recommendation, if someone from the store reads this: acknowledge the people who are waiting. Maybe you can direct them to what they are looking for, but even if they have to wait for you, your acknowledgement might just keep them in the store. Go see how Bradis handles their customers and model yourselves after them. I live 100 miles away from Bradis, but everytime I drive by, I stop.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Maybe you can direct them to what they are looking for, but even if they have to wait for you, your acknowledgement might just keep them in the store.

having been in 4 guns shoes ill say this is a catch22. if you pause the conversation with the original customer to ask to help the guy who just showed customer 1 leaves mad.

if you dont customer 2 leaves mad.

ive never been to their shop so i cant vouch for anything they do, but i know how stressfull not knowing exactly what to do when customers are asking questions and other customers are waiting behind them inline waiting to talk to you

oh ya welcome 4guns

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've been to 4-Guns three times.
    1st time: I waited for 20 minutes while 1 salesman was working to sell a $300 gun to a first timer and the other salesman was discussing AR's with a couple. Neither of them spoke to me. Got tired of waiting and left.

2nd time: I walked in 20 minutes before closing and the staff was locking everything up. Was told if it was something quick they could help. Said thanks turned and left.

3rd time: 3 salesmen waiting on different people, 2 other customers in line waiting. Turned and left.

First come first serve? Or maybe you are too important to stand in line? Come 20 minutes before closing and they say they will help but you leave anyway? I guess noone else realizes how important you are, but now we do thanks for filling us in. I used to shop there all the time before I moved; good people, good prices.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    Wow! Interesting comment. Obviously closing time means something different to me than you. If these guys are that good to illicit this kind of response, I should give them another opportunity for my business. What specifically made them so good? What did you buy there? I would like to find a good shop in the area, Bradis is a long drive.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    Welcome, I stopped at your table a the Lafayette gun show, last weekend.
    You just didn't have a Glock 19, that I was looking for, but the guy next to you
    did & I bought his. I will stop by your shop some time.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    No one is asking for the employee to stop dealing with the first customer. All that is necessary is to acknowledge that you see the second customer and let them you will be with them to help them as soon as you wrap up the first transaction. Also those sales people with fine tuned customer relations skills can sense when the first deal is going nowhere and can tactfully disengage to let the first customers think the deal over. Of course those employees are not often available.

Too many gun store employees are far too willing to push their unsolicited opinions on customers. Sorry, that's a different subject entirely!!

Top Bottom