Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A message from Fenway about INGO

no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

Arrow A message from Fenway about INGO

A little over a year ago I opened the doors at INGunOwners.com hoping to bring Hoosier gun owners together and have some fun. When I started the board I had an idea this place would be a success but never thought we would have over 3800 members and 300,000 + posts in such a short amount of time. The growth of this site is incredible but what I am most proud of is the quality of the board and the members who call this place home.

When I started INGO I invested a lot of time and a good amount of money purchasing software licenses, graphics/design and hosting. I did not start this site with the intention of making money and the first 7 months I lost money. As the site has grown the cost of hosting has increased and I have relied on the tremendous support of our Site Supporters and Advertising Site Supporters to continue this community.

I recently made the decision to ask members who are on the forum promoting services or products and making money via the forum in a business capacity to become Advertising Site Supporters. In the early days of this forum it was a bit of a free for all and we didn't have many rules. As this site has grown I can't afford to keep it running out of my own pocket and have to treat it more like a business. I rely heavily on those who appreciate the site and support it. If I just let everyone post about their business it diminishes the value for our Advertising Site Supporters and I can't let that happen.

The bottom line is this

If you are advertising a business here on INGO (firearms related or not) I ask that you pay $1 / day to have your own forum, rotating banner, signature, avatar, user title promoting your business and the ability to sell as much stuff as you want in the classifieds. I think this is a very fair price considering the amount of traffic this site receives. If you do not want to advertise with us but want some exposure we are happy to place a link to your business website in our links area that appears on the left-hand side of the forum page (reciprocal link required) . We also provide a sticky thread in our Break Room where you are free to post your services one time:

I will never charge citizens to sell their goods in our classifieds. I will send you a PM if I think you are abusing our classifieds and running a business there. If you are in fact a business and wish to sell I ask that you pay $1 / day to advertise with us.

If you want to become a Site Supporter and receive increased PM space, a Site Supporter banner and other features the minimum donation in $10 / year at this time. That comes out to about of a cent per day. I don’t think this is much to ask. Please keep in mind a Site Supporter Membership is not a lite version of the Advertising Site Supporter!

I am happy to say at this time with the help of our advertisers and supporters INGO is now self sufficient and in good shape! In closing I want to thank all of our members for making INGO such a great place (especially our Site Supporters and Advertisers) who make this forum possible. I’m very proud of this site and look forward to doing my best to make sure INGO is around for a long time!

Thanks for your support!

Fenway
    On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

User Info Menu

I am a fairly new member but would like to thank you Fenway for the forum and all that time ant effort that you and the other mods but in to this site, That makes it work as smothly as it does, This is a great sight with alot of good information on the shooting sports, Again , Thank you

Your body can not go where your mind has not been!

Getting old is not so bad! I can hide my own Easter Eggs!!

User Info Menu

Completely reasonable.

Congrats on the Growth!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

ATM

User Info Menu

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

That's a deal considering you're getting a targeted local audience that's sure to see your ads quite frequently. "I love this bar...... err...... forum"!!!!
    Sadly..... Common sense doesn't seem very common anymore.

User Info Menu

Placing hats, shirts, decals, patches, etc.. for sale in a checkout and pay type format should help as well, right?

User Info Menu

Fenway, you da man.

Thanks for this place and all you do to keep it rockin'.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by infantrylife View Post
    Placing hats, shirts, decals, patches, etc.. for sale in a checkout and pay type format should help as well, right?
    Coming soon. . . .

Plinker

User Info Menu

What ever it takes!
    GOD, GUNS & GUTS !!!

Shooter

User Info Menu

Sounds very reasonable to me.

I for one am surprised the "classified abuse" PM's haven't already been sent.
    I think that will help keep the original intent of the classifieds on track!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast