We need to come up with a signature policy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Some of the signatures around here are massive and distracting. I'd like to get some rules in place to keep the board a bit more uniform and avoid signatures that are longer than posts.

Post your comments and suggestions on a new policy here.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I am a part of and have moderated many forums. No pics in signature lines is a great and simple way of cutting down the distraction... lots of forums do this.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I don't find them problematic. However, based on your concern, limitation on # of lines, font size, image size, off-site links could be a starting point.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Dimensional guidelines seem fine. Put whatever is allowed within a certain sized space. Site and advertising supporters could be given a bit more space or allowed pics vs. text only. :twocents:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I say keep it to a 2000 px vertical limit on pictures + no more than 3 lines of text

so in the neighborhood of 300 px vertical limit total IMO

joker7037

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My opinion, 5 lines of text in a sig should be plenty. Why would any body need any more than that? Also no pics. I get tired of scrolling down a page that 50% signature.

Chris

Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it possible for those that have issues with the sigs, to disable them. I know a few of the boards I'm on have that option, mainly for those still on dial up. You are going to have to set a limit, and it will upset some, otherwise they will continue growing larger and larger.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I know this thread was meant to draw me out.
    It always comes down to people hating on the monkey quote.
    I'm telling you...they are NOT responsible! No matter what you think, Fenway!

:p

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Other forums that I'm a part of just have a set maximum amount of text that you can utilize...and I don't know of any others I'm a part of that allows graphics at all, save for the regular board utilized smilies.

-J-

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    :twocents:I'm not sure how much functionality comes with the software package that runs these forums, but in my opinion it would be nice to browse the threads with no signatures... Also on the left side of each post, the join date, location, post count, rep, and status buttons, all take up a significant amount of space. As a viewer, it would be nice to have the option to "turn off" that stuff (eliminating signatures and downsizing the name area to maybe just name, title, status):twocents:

That being said, thanks for running a great forum, Fenway!:yesway:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If it were possible for the VIEWER (member) to set their preferences to view or not view signatures (or images over a certain acreage) that would be great. Choice.

If not, something small.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I think the idea of character limit would be good. Maybe size limit on pictures or no pictures at all.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    :twocents:I'm not sure how much functionality comes with the software package that runs these forums, but in my opinion it would be nice to browse the threads with no signatures... Also on the left side of each post, the join date, location, post count, rep, and status buttons, all take up a significant amount of space. As a viewer, it would be nice to have the option to "turn off" that stuff (eliminating signatures and downsizing the name area to maybe just name, title, status):twocents:

That being said, thanks for running a great forum, Fenway!:yesway:

You can turn off the signature if you want to.

I like no pics too, although I vote for a little discrimination... I think military and vets should be allowed to fly their colors or deceration or whatever the acronim is for this...

member13117.png

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Maybe just a size reduction at first? Ill voluntarily cut mine down. No problem.
    But the signatures add character to our names.IMO

Top Bottom