• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Guys, I'm really pleased with the way this forum has taken off. 110 members in 4 weeks is pretty good considering this is a brand new forum. Thanks for being here :thumbsup:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    And we now thank you Fenway. You do it when the rest of us only think about it.

God Bless you and these United States of America.
    Amen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This has been the only place where I spend recreational time online for quite a while now. I like it here.

Thanks, Mike!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This has been the only place where I spend recreational time online for quite a while now. I like it here.

Thanks, Mike!

Nice to know we finally gave you something better than...well, let's just call it "art", ok? :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My computer was built by Artemus Gordon from "Wild, Wild West." My internet connection is an old telegraph line. It's not easy translating all of this to/from Morse Code on the fly!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My internet connection is an old telegraph line. It's not easy translating all of this to/from Morse Code on the fly!

If only there was some way to automate the modulation/demodulation of your chosen signaling method. ;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If only there was some way to automate the modulation/demodulation of your chosen signaling method. ;)

I'm working on it. It's based on a telephone handset that I've rigged to sit in a little cradle that will have microphone under the receiving end and a speaker under the handset's microphone. For lack of a better term, you could think of it as an "acoustic coupler."

So far I can get a data transfer rate of nearly 25 bits per second. The goal is 150 bps, but with the rapid breakthroughs in technology, who knows where the next generation will take my idea? It's crazy to think of it now, but someday they may crack the 300 bps barrier.

I plan to patent the idea soon. It will be called a "Mod-Dem."

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Like the other who also said it, I spend more time here on INGO than anyother forum. I like it here too. And, this site is a Home Growen Hoosier Forum.

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    wow old is this forum? when i first joined i thought it has already been around for a while. this is a pretty good on with lots of info, not to mention its for hoosiers.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Guys, I'm really pleased with the way this forum has taken off. 110 members in 4 weeks is pretty good considering this is a brand new forum. Thanks for being here :thumbsup:

wow old is this forum? when i first joined i thought it has already been around for a while. this is a pretty good on with lots of info, not to mention its for hoosiers.

Fen's original post was posted 2-14-08. At 4 weeks, the forum had 110 members, so I would assume it was created somewhere around 1-17-08... which would make us at just about 9 months old. :)

Also, it should be noted that at just about 9 months old, we have 1446 members. And he was "hoping" for 1000 by Christmas... I say we shoot for 2k. ;)

Top Bottom