• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If it were not for the Site Supporters this site would not be here. It has been a year since the Site Supporter Membership was introduced and I'm thinking of setting up different levels of membership. The minimum donation for the Site Supporter is $10 and all donations are gratefully accepted as it helps me cover the cost of running this place. Many members donate more than the minimum and I would like to recognize them.

What would Site Supporters like here as added features? If it were not for you there would be no INGO so you deserve more features.

Feel free to post your comments here and I will take them all into consideration.

Thanks again to all the Site Supporters :ingo:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Allow the OPTION of Auction-ish classifieds. Not mandatory. No additional baby-sitting.
    If too many problems arise, discontinue it.

Adopt Sugar Gliders as the official INGO mascot species.

And do something about that IGW guy. He creeps me out. :)

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks for the suggestion. There will be no auction style ads here for supporters or non supporters. Its just not going to happen. There might be a deal section where supporters can get the best prices our sponsors have to offer....

@ingunowners.com email addresses are also a possibility

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'd pay for an "Mobile Device" friendly mode... a purposeful iPhone/mobile template/css combo.

I just can't think of anything else I'd need here - as I don't have enough money to frequent the classifieds :)

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Wish List

I'd like a higher limit on my PM count so I don't have to clean up the account as often!

Also, I'd like a faster internet connection...HughesNet satellite is awful!!!

I'd also like to lose 50 pounds and figure a way to get my wife into firearms....can you do this? :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I like the email and mobile-friendly ideas, so long as they're not a huge PITA to make happen. Perhaps early access for site supporters to INGO swag at the online store, when you get it up and running? I wouldn't turn down whatever deals our advertising supporters might want to offer, but I also do not want to pressure them to offer more than they can offer; most of them are, after all, in business to make money. (trying to think of things that won't cost you much if anything to make happen)

Truthfully, I gave more last year than I had to, but not as much as I would have liked to, and I did it not for extra perks but because this site rocks and I wanted to support it.

(ETA: must.....not.... request..... INGO.... bacon!)

Thanks again!

Blessings,
    Bill

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    A mobile device mode is something that could really help out the entire membership so we probably wouldn't use that as a perk. Good idea though. We need to get on that.

I'd pay for an "Mobile Device" friendly mode... a purposeful iPhone/mobile template/css combo.

I just can't think of anything else I'd need here - as I don't have enough money to frequent the classifieds :)

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Hey how about our own clubhouse with fridge for beer and bacon?

Or a site supporter only breakroom/lounge so we can tell lies and plot to get the noobs to trade good guns for surplus weapons from the jurassic era. j/k

I'd like a mobile friendlier site as well but I am on a palm so other than long load times, all is good. Maybe an additional site supporter only classified section to ensure INGO has enough operating $ to cover the rapid expansion you are experiencing?

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Honestly I didn't become a site supporter for the perks and I donated more then the $10 mark too. I have in the past offered better price deals to site supporters and encouraged other members to make a $10 donation to the site to save $25.00 on the purchase price. I never turn down anything free though so I'll take whatever we get...

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne

I use RSS feeds on my blackberry and it works very well for INGUN. All the info with out the graphics. Pics in posts come through though.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    -Maybe site supporters receive a 5-10% discount for our online store.
    -Maybe depending on the donation a free site supporter tab for a hat or backpack
    -Maybe place the WTS/WTT adds in the site supporters section and leave the WTB in the regular section
    -Maybe the special events section should be in there as well so we just have people dedicated to the site

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another suggestion I had thought about.

Anyone interested in an item (eg-pistol) can submit a request to the site advertisers somehow and they can respond in private messages with their 'bids' on fulfilling the person's RFP. The buyer would do this with full faith that they intended on buying from a site advertiser within a certain timeframe of receiving bids.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't have enough money to frequent the classifieds :)

Even with all those T-shirt royalties? ;)

Maybe depending on the donation a free site supporter tab for a hat or backpack

Site Supporter morale patches! :yesway:

Maybe place the WTS/WTT adds in the site supporters section and leave the WTB in the regular section

Hell, restrict the whole Classifieds section to Site Supporters only! It would cut down on the number of folks who rush to get their 10 posts, then are never heard from in the non-Classifieds forums again... or at least the site would make some $$ off 'em. ;)

-Maybe the special events section should be in there as well so we just have people dedicated to the site

I don't think that is a particularly good idea, because attending INGO events is probably what makes a lot of folks decide to become Site Supporters...

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Hell, restrict the whole Classifieds section to Site Supporters only! It would cut down on the number of folks who rush to get their 10 posts, then are never heard from in the non-Classifieds forums again... or at least the site would make some $$ off 'em. ;)

+1! I might ease it up where a new person can post-to-purchase or WTB but no trading or selling without a Site Support.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom