Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Classifieds Rules Reminder

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    There are rules for using the classifieds forums? Where might someone find them? Are they mandatory, or just vague guidelines?
    Just blurry random lines in the sand.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Someone said to read the FAQ. I don't believe such a place exists.
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LockStocksAndBarrel View Post
    You should try visiting the FAQ. It is a world of sparkles and unicorns...
    Not sure if that firearm or accessory has been subject to a safety recall? Read INGO's Comprehensive Firearm Safety Recall Listing for an easy way to check.

The mob is not worthy of respect. It is not interested in truth, or even compassion. It is only interested in power.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LockStocksAndBarrel View Post
    I actually tried to read the FAQ, and I fell asleep..... when I woke up, my computer was off, and I forgot what I was doing .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

Plinker

User Info Menu

Question? On the 50 posts. Who makes the decision on if they are quality posts or not?

User Info Menu

The group as a whole. It's not hard to figure out what's quality and who is running for 50.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Question? On the 50 posts. Who makes the decision on if they are quality posts or not?
    The staff/members

One liners like.."OK".....Cool....Neat.....I want one.......1...2.....3.....4....are clearly not quality posts.

Let the membership know who you are. Put something in your posts.
    Ask a question. Start a thread.

After you clear this hurdle then you can cut up with the rest of the loony toons around here......enjoy

Enjoy.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

The mods. Because it is hard to see all posts other members will report ones they think do no follow the rules but the mods are the ones to delete nonconforming post, PM the offender, and ban if necessary.

User Info Menu

In the past there have been members that have literally typed the number 1 for their first post, 2 for their second post, etc. Another member bounced from thread to thread and only posted the word "cool". He tried to do this 50 times as fast as he could to gain access.

Another example is if someone says they like the Glock 19 and you go into the thread and only say "I agree" and that it. That would not be a quality post, however if you said "I agree" and gave a couple of reasons why then it would be fine.

The key is to pretty much engage in a genuine conversation. You can ask questions about anything you like. Once the answers start rolling in then interact with those that are answering them. Some people have tried to ask 50 questions that they never intended to read answers to or care who or what the response was.

50 posts isn't really that many or that difficult. There is a very wide range of knowledge on this forum. It would be a challenge to ask a question here on ANY topic and not find someone who knows about it. If you had a question of the density of material and tightness of the proper weave to use when making a basket then there is probably someone here that can tell you.
    "Poopspin"

INGO #464

User Info Menu

In addition, here are some of the reasons why this rule is in place. It keeps the site as a tight knit community and keeps it from devolving into Craigslist. Here is a good thread about it. 1911ly summed it up in his first post pretty well.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...s-section.html

I added a little more to it in a later post detailing some examples of the things members do for other members. Same thread, later post.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6415188

Here is another example that is currently going on. A general member, not a mod, is running a contest and GIVING away 3 annual site supporter memberships. This is costing him $60 for 3 random people to gain something.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...scription.html

There are many other examples scattered across the site just like this. INGO is not like any other forum you have ever been involved with.
    "Poopspin"

INGO #464

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast