Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Hey All,

The site runs older software, rather than change it which causes loads of issues we had the guy that designed the site years ago come in and make it responsive. Most if not all sites should respond and size down well when viewed on a mobile type device. Any issues please post those here. Be specific and screenshots would greatly be appreciated!

Sorry for any issues in advance. This was by far the path of least resistance choice to bring the forum up to design newness.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Classifieds are not working the same. Unread ads are not highlighted.

Also, it looks like there are large areas of blank space on the site in general, and the font size looks a bit off in places.

The site looked different enough to make me come look for a thread like this. :D

Firefox browser on a laptop. Cleared cookies and logged back in, same issues.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Font is very light on my Galaxy tab tonight. Can barely see the text. Odd, but it looks normal in the quick reply box while I'm entering text.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Reminder, this can be turned off and on at the bottom left of your screen, the dropdown menu above "vBulletin"

For now, at least.

Cool, I found the setting in usercp under general settings and then change the forum skin, but your way is quicker.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I couldn't read anything on the full site mode on mobile so I switch the layout to mobile version. Earlier I could switch back and forth. Now I can't switch the full site mode back.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Thanks for the tip GPIA! Like many I came looking for this thread because of how aweful the site looked on my iPad. Changed back and it is much more readable again.

Change isnt always for the better, site owners.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah it seems to have some quirks that need ironed out on the mobile view.

Another thing: If you use Chrome as a mobile viewer, you should be able to go into the settings and tell it to retrieve the "desktop version" of the web page instead of the mobile version.

Like others said... it really isn't laid out very well. The text being gray is not easy to read on this tan background... and the format of the posts stacking all elements of the user on top of each other just looks silly... especially when it's peppered with in-post advertisements.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    The designer is following this so thanks for the feedback, he will be making changes as they come in :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The designer is following this so thanks for the feedback, he will be making changes as they come in :)

Good...

Hey designer, would you please fix the quirk that when you click the "top" button at the bottom of the thread/page, it actually goes all the way to the top of the page? As it is now, after you click it, it takes you allllllmost to the top but you have to scroll that last little bit to get to the controls in the top banner.

Top Bottom