Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trainers and Advertising...

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    The way I read it the trainers could still post events free, am I mistaken?
    This is all a feeler thread for what the end product is going to be. Nothing is in stone a yet.
    Suggestions.

My thoughts are that if you are promoting your business then some sort of involvement with Ingo should take place even if it only amounts to being an up to date site supporter. Which most are not. JMHO and Tex has the final say.

Like I said, this is all about ideas. Nothing is in ink yet as I understand it.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I'm down with it as long as they Ban Mbills as well...

But yeah. I would like to see something that tags contributing members so they don't have to pay a ton. As mentioned upthread, Coach does a lot for us (as a community) in advocacy, so I'd be cool with someone like him getting a tag without having to pay for it. However, the "I've got a gun show at my barn this weekend" guys need to be thinned out.
    Everyone should own an Uzi

User Info Menu

I am also in favor of this.

One tweak might be to allow "trainers" to opt into the tag. Some may like to come here and post things unrelated to training, and that might get distorted if people thought the person was posting "as a trainer." If they opt out, then they need to be discrete - no overt invitations to training events, but in-passing mention that they do it would be fine. Like, "One day at gun camp, this guy pulled out a flute...."

There probably would be a "know it when you see it" line that would then invite the INGO mods to say, "If you want to keep telling people about your business, you need to pay for a business account." Heck, I know of several business owners who have public business-focused social media accounts, then separate personal accounts. It makes sense to treat INGO the same way.

Just a couple ideas, but the original idea makes complete sense to me.

(Let me know if there's any way to shortcut the 50 quality post rule. At this rate, it'll take me forever to get there....)
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

KLB

User Info Menu

Seems reasonable with a reasonable target price.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Yep. Also seems reasonable to me. $20/year isnt a hardship. And if it is, you shouldnt be training. Or testing firearms as a non profit (Sorry, I couldnt resist)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Trainers pay nothing nor should they as it has always been. What about the big outfits though, larger stores that do things? They offer zero support. Our main focus is on the guys out there doing the training and helping folks. Yes, they will always be free. I will actually be promoting their stuff more soon on social media as well once things get rolling. Just making sure I am clear on the trainers here that offer so much to the site.

EDIT: As far as them supporting the site, HUH? I guess that is on them really. I am simply trying to keep the site as it was before. My main goal really was weeding out the larger folks coming in here for nothing and this whole 'shows' issue. This helps in modding and stream lines it like the ads, 50 posts or site support. Makes it easier. Sure trainers could pay $20 a year to get the badge, that would automate it. I am open though.
    INGO Classified Ad Rules
    INGO Forum Rules
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

User Info Menu

It seems like you are going to give the trainers much more support than ever before.

I would hope that would give them am incentive to become site supporters and sport both badges.

2+2=4

User Info Menu

The change is simple really once setup, non-invasive and streams-lines it all. It's not a dig on anyone for any reason at all. Really it was this whole show business that really brought it up (6+ users involved). Helps with modding, etc.
    INGO Classified Ad Rules
    INGO Forum Rules
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

User Info Menu

"There's no business like show business, like NO business I know...."
    -Irving Berlin

Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I'm pretty biased, as I have trained with the most of our long time local trainers. I think that their expertise and contributions have earned them a status to be noted.

IMHO, regardless of just posting in the training forum or any others, our long time local trainers' forum contributions should be encouraged by INGO. There is certainly no need to attempt to solicit any sort of site funding from folks whose forum contributions are already an asset to the site.

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast