Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trainers and Advertising...

User Info Menu

What will be the policy on posting about shows? I don't want to get sideways with anyone. I sometimes will post about local shows just so that others up here are aware of them. There is one small show up in the area that everyone looks forward to, primarily because it is an old fashioned, few if any dealers, type show. I have never had a table there, don't know any of the participants other than that "hey, i talked to you at the last show" type of relationship.

User Info Menu

I think it is a great idea. If you are gaining financially by being here then you should pay up. Go to any magazine or newspaper and advertise and you are going to pay. Whatever the cost it should be more than the yearly cost that normal, everyday, non business Site Supporters pay for the yearly privilege. My guess would be that they make more than $50 per year off of INGO members who found them here so that sounds like a fair number to me.
    WTS: 1999 HD Softail Custom (Way below Blue Book)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    What will be the policy on posting about shows? I don't want to get sideways with anyone. I sometimes will post about local shows just so that others up here are aware of them. There is one small show up in the area that everyone looks forward to, primarily because it is an old fashioned, few if any dealers, type show. I have never had a table there, don't know any of the participants other than that "hey, i talked to you at the last show" type of relationship.
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Iíve posted this before along with firearm and first ad classes.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Whatever advertisers pay is between admin and them. Period. Full Stop.

My only gripe is that in order to advertise you need to be an INGO advertiser.

2+2=4

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Iíve posted this before along with firearm and first ad classes.
    What you fellas are doing is not pushing a series of shows for a promoter. The mere mention of a show is very common. Read the posts Tex put up. It is pretty clear.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    What you fellas are doing is not pushing a series of shows for a promoter. The mere mention of a show is very common. Read the posts Tex put up. It is pretty clear.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    2-A,
    BT and myself both look at all of this when we are dealing with members. Being a site supporter does put you in a different light especially with 80 posts in the forum and 350 in the classifieds.
    Or as one of our recently departed said.....the paid into old guys circle jerk club.
    If $20 is going to break you maybe you need to find another hobby/passion.
    I didn't know my $20 got me that perk!

And what otherdave was doing was pretty obvious and shady. It cost money to keep INGO going and if you're making money using INGO, but not chipping in...

And Historian should be paying up for all his advertising work for Dole's pineapple slices and shilling for 'big maraschino'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    You would do well to avoid his "caramelized banana" trap offer.

User Info Menu

Solicit? Really?
    So you're saying a whole $10 or $20 bucks is too much? Not saying it will be - just feeling this out. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate all sides to this.

Not sure folks get what's happening to gun forums and ad networks 100% alienating them. What some of the forums out there are going through is tough - zero ad network ads. Things are not as they used to be.Trust me this is streamlining not grabbing a few bucks from a few trainers.

GOALS:
    1) Trainers should have a support tag, best way pay to do it like site supporters, $10 a year - whatever - it makes it easy. Also our nod to these trainers will be more, posting to social media about their events, etc.
    2) Businesses that want to post events, that will be streamlined also. Same, a fee and they can post events as well, etc.

Simple, tidy, etc and trust me this is not about the money, the money is not what many think it probably is. Thanks for that feedback, helpful

Also gotten a couple of nice PM's from the trainers, thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    I'm pretty biased, as I have trained with the most of our long time local trainers. I think that their expertise and contributions have earned them a status to be noted.

IMHO, regardless of just posting in the training forum or any others, our long time local trainers' forum contributions should be encouraged by INGO. There is certainly no need to attempt to solicit any sort of site funding from folks whose forum contributions are already an asset to the site.

INGO Classified Ad Rules
    INGO Forum Rules
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by texkev View Post
    Solicit? Really?
    So you're saying a whole $10 or $20 bucks is too much?
    I certainly think that's more than fair. Someone is getting their name out to a highly targeted audience for only $20... annually.

I pay that and I don't get any professional benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    You would do well to avoid his "caramelized banana" trap offer.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    Whatever advertisers pay is between admin and them. Period. Full Stop.

My only gripe is that in order to advertise you need to be an INGO advertiser.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast