Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Trainers and Advertising...

So thanks to 'other dave' and a few others this comes up. I was kind to him for weeks as we discussed this along with the others that swoop in here to advertise. It is getting a bit much listening to these folks want it their way only. So changes are needed. It's been getting a bit much being told by these folks how to run things when they are here for 1 thing.

First, loads of members here post things and links to places not sponsors here. It comes naturally, post about a deal, ask a question about a particular company, these posts are normal natural and fine. Great. Nobody says boo.

However the guys that come here to post to their events, shows and so on for businesses this is called advertising. These guys tend to be here for one thing and one thing only and it makes modding a pain. Lots goes on behind the scenes due to these folks.
    INGO as I understand had it setup to support local trainers freely. They can post their events in a certain section. These guys tend to be small/medium trainers (not stores, only trainers) and so on. To me firearms training is vital so that's great. We also allow 4 or so non profit based folks to post as they like and some get their own forum. Great, nothing was ever changed. They can still post these courses and such.

However the issue is with these larger businesses or members that sneak in ads to various things. Well some sneak others don't. Notice none support the site that support them. It's advertising is it not? Nobody ever said they had to be a full advertiser, I am zero pressure on ads.

Going forward the thought it to give the trainers here a plaque, saying something like 'INGO Trainer' and they can go as they were. Businesses (larger stores and such) though wanting to post events and such can join like a site Supporter, get a similar plaque with a different tag and can pay something like $40 a year perhaps. Just a thought. Curious what the members think. The goal is and still should be to make sure trainers can go about things as they always have. That has never been an issue. Chime in, I am open to ideas. This will organize things and make it easy to see if someone post to just advertise. Cleans things up. And seems more than fair. Thanks all…
    INGO Classified Ad Rules
    INGO Forum Rules
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

I like it
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Works for me
    Rifleman
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    USPSA NROI

Adaptive Consulting & Training
    Riley Conservation Club

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To Prevail...you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Sounds great. I, for one appreciate the time and effort set forth by you and your admins.
    "Yup!"

User Info Menu

I love the idea.

The INGO TRAINER is great. Most of them contribute.

I am a tad persnickety about people coming here just to use it as a swap shop, especially when they are not even a site supporter.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

2-A,
    BT and myself both look at all of this when we are dealing with members. Being a site supporter does put you in a different light especially with 80 posts in the forum and 350 in the classifieds.
    Or as one of our recently departed said.....the paid into old guys circle jerk club.
    If $20 is going to break you maybe you need to find another hobby/passion.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I'll add I also love it, but maybe DEFINITELY grandfather in those trainers who already have an established base and are solid participants. Folks like coach, BBI, and others are already demonstrating they are part of the site. They dont need to pay any more than they already are as site supporters because they also provide regular input to the site as users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I'll add I also love it, but maybe DEFINITELY grandfather in those trainers who already have an established base and are solid participants. Folks like coach, BBI, and others are already demonstrating they are part of the site. They dont need to pay any more than they already are as site supporters because they also provide regular input to the site as users.
    Coach is not a site supporter.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

The way I read it the trainers could still post events free, am I mistaken?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Coach is not a site supporter.
    Sorry, didnt mean Site Supporters as much as site supporters. My intention was in the practical more than the cash money. While Coach (and possibly others) dont necessarily support the site financially, but instead they support the site with their input as professionals that provide INGO with valuable resources.

Edit: there is a huge difference between somebody like Coach who is here regularly adding his valuable input and periodically mentioning his monthly shoots, vs somebody like "theotherbob" (or whoever he was) who only shows up to hawk his gun shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast