INGO Back Online: Thanks for your patience!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If you tried accessing the forum this morning you got a Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message.

This site is growing really fast and the current hosting plan I had couldn't keep up so I had to buy a more expensive plan.

This site will always be free and I promise you will never have to pay to display an avatar or signature. (I hate that) However I might start charging for banner advertising or maybe offer supporter memberships that get you more PM storage. Different color username. Private forum etc.

I was cool with paying the original hosting costs but things are getting more expensive now and they will only increase. Also I bought over $500 worth of hats for the members and still haven't broken even on that. Sometime soon I might try to come up with some ways to at least break even. I really enjoy the site and I hope you do as well! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Mike

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Glad you got it back up and running.

I don't know how much you pay monthly, but I pay $5 a month for hosting at 1&1 with no restrictions other than my storage limit (10GB). For a couple bucks more you have have more storage, but I haven't found a need for it over the years.

It's where I host full-auto.org.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Noticed that this morning actually. I have also had some trouble at night with the site not coming up at all for some reason, not all the time, but I have noticed it. Figured we might be outgrowing the plan.

Hope you can figure some way to at least break even, I sure like having a place for our state shooters to meet and talk. The efforts are appreciated!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wouldn't mind donating some money every now and then to help pay for the site. And Advertising isn't such a bad thing since you can pick and choose those companies that advertise on here. At least at this point anyway. Some companies pay you by each click on their banner, some by the month, but either way not a bad thing to look into. As long as Adverts aren't cluttering the forums I don't mind! Keep up the great work! Thanks!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I've been down the dirt cheap hosting road and it never seems to work out for me. The customer service is horrible or non-existent and something always goes wrong. Glad it has worked out for you.

Glad you got it back up and running.

I don't know how much you pay monthly, but I pay $5 a month for hosting at 1&1 with no restrictions other than my storage limit (10GB). For a couple bucks more you have have more storage, but I haven't found a need for it over the years.

It's where I host full-auto.org.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm very familiar with pay per click advertising. On my other sites I run Google Adsense and it has worked out great. Unfortunately, Google does not let their ads appear on firearms related website. I might look into other options around those lines but haven't found anything that is as tasteful as adsense so far.

I wouldn't mind donating some money every now and then to help pay for the site. And Advertising isn't such a bad thing since you can pick and choose those companies that advertise on here. At least at this point anyway. Some companies pay you by each click on their banner, some by the month, but either way not a bad thing to look into. As long as Adverts aren't cluttering the forums I don't mind! Keep up the great work! Thanks!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've been with 1&1 for about 4 years now and have hosted 3 sites with them. They have 24/7 phone support at no additional cost and the two times I've had problems with my service, it was resolved in short order... including a server crash. I lost no data and was back online in 6 hours.

They are a huge company that's been around for quite some time.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm very familiar with pay per click advertising. On my other sites I run Google Adsense and it has worked out great. Unfortunately, Google does not let their ads appear on firearms related website. I might look into other options around those lines but haven't found anything that is as tasteful as adsense so far.

Yup, that's a real pain... the "no firearms sites" BS policy.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm aware of 1&1. I think I heard some mixed reviews but I'll take another look based on your experiences with them.

I've been with 1&1 for about 4 years now and have hosted 3 sites with them. They have 24/7 phone support at no additional cost and the two times I've had problems with my service, it was resolved in short order... including a server crash. I lost no data and was back online in 6 hours.

They are a huge company that's been around for quite some time.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Knowing my luck you'll have the worst experience ever with them and it will be my fault. :) I might even get banned... Argh.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I'm not accepting donations at this time but I might down the road!

Thanks for the offer Crystalship!

OK then. :)

I belong to a motorcycle group and a Jeep group as a "Supporter". The forums don't require any $$ to join, but if you kick in $10-$20 a year, your name shows up in bold or red (Whoopee!!!). ;)

I donate as long as I feel I get good use of the forum and I enjoy hanging-out here so........ :dunno:

Keep up the good work!!! :cheers:

Last edited:

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    I`m far from a rich guy, but I`d be more than willing to kick in some money on occasion as well.

I kinda dig the thought of getting my name in bold or something to make it stand out. HA.

Seriously, this is a very good site, and I`d love to see it stick around and do well.

:rockwoot:

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    hey Fenway have you considered putting in a paypal donation box for the site? Im sure there are many options for donations on Vbulletin. just a thought :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Were there some technical problems earlier today, or was it just on my end? I had problems staying connected, and got several "database error" messages.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Fenway:

Count me in for donations when you start accepting them. You shouldn't have to front the whole cost yourself. There are enough of us here to share the burden.

Top Bottom