• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Was there some infraction? May an IM from a Mod?

Another very heavy thread suggests that long time forum members are irritated that some new members merely want to accomplish 50 posts so that they can finally sell some junk using this forum.

Ooooooh, on further inspection it seems your 50 posts came about very very quickly. One night?

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Before the "cool kids" run you off, please know that we delete one-liners that are posted simply to make it to the classifieds. We prefer members use the forum for community rather than to buy/sell items. If you are not interested in participating in the forums, you can become a site supporter and skip directly to 50 posts and have access to the classifieds section.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe there should be a separate forum for Sellers? :dunno:

In the years on INGO, have seen VERY few actual 'bargains', stuff being offered used for the same price or more than it can be purchased new. And Sellers still apparently don't understand the concept of posting pics of the actual item(s) they're trying to pawn off. Stock photos from the manufacturer just don't cut it.

It's like Craigslist without the 'fun' of potential criminality afoot. :laugh:

Maybe the requisite should be 500 or 1000 posts, or $500 to immediately access the Classifieds as a Seller. That would help cut down on the silliness.

For the most part, the incessant threads for overpriced gear is just annoying, and disruptive to discussion / interaction on the board.

:twocents:

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Maybe there should be a separate forum for Sellers? :dunno:

In the years on INGO, have seen VERY few actual 'bargains', stuff being offered used for the same price or more than it can be purchased new. And Sellers still apparently don't understand the concept of posting pics of the actual item(s) they're trying to pawn off. Stock photos from the manufacturer just don't cut it.

Fully agree with that. If there isn't a clear picture of the ACTUAL item then I close the ad no matter what it is or how much I want an item like that.

It's like Craigslist without the 'fun' of potential criminality afoot. :laugh:

Maybe the requisite should be 500 or 1000 posts, or $500 to immediately access the Classifieds as a Seller. That would help cut down on the silliness.

For the most part, the incessant threads for overpriced gear is just annoying, and disruptive to discussion / interaction on the board.

:twocents:

That would really tick off those who have been on here for 5 or more years and have less than 100 posts but 5k of them in the classifieds. I don't deal with those people either. There are quite a few on here that could be accused of dealing without a license.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Has it been a year yet? It it time for my annual quest to rant for increasing the qualifications to use the classifieds?

Six months mandatory forum participation and 200 quality posts. Will virtually run off all the "runners" and eventually get our classifieds back to the friendly active place it once was. Will eliminate flippers in the future, leaving us with only the one's we currently have. Will end the early bad feelings between newbies and "cool kids" who understand the loophole that promotes abuse and pollution of the classifieds system.

Have you noticed the overall slow listing of new classified's items? Have you noticed the lack of user names you recognise? Have you all noticed the high % of classifieds posters with less than 100 posts? Have you noticed the continual daily bumping of adds for those who have ZERO invested in this community forum and consequently ZERO invested in concern for other INGOers other than who is paying them?

Just sayin'...

...again.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Has it been a year yet? It it time for my annual quest to rant for increasing the qualifications to use the classifieds?

Six months mandatory forum participation and 200 posts. Will virtually run off all the "runners" and eventually get our classifieds back to the friendly active place it once was. Will eliminate flippers in the future, leaving us with only the one's we currently have.

Have you all noticed the high % of classifieds posters with less than 100 posts? Have you noticed the lack of user names you recognise? Have you noticed the overall slow listing of new items? Have you noticed the continual daily bumping of adds for those who have ZERO invested in this community forum? Just sayin'...

...again...

Oh yeah. Noticed quite a bit. There are several of them I won't deal with. Just on a short list without names:

Member since 2009 has 59 regular posts and 641 in classifieds
    Member since 2008 has 58 regular posts and 396 in classifieds
    Member since 2008 has 502 regular posts (respectable) and 3524 in the classifieds
    Countless members that don't contribute anyplace outside of the classifieds.
    Members who aren't vendors and have a couple dozen different guns for sale ALL THE TIME.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is a great place for many things.
    Use it as you will just follow the simple basic rules that are in place right now. They work.

OP, you were jack rabbit to the classy's. On the radar from the start. Read and follow the rules or become a site supporter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What about posters who never contribute to firearm threads, but have 10,000 posts in general political discussion?

That rather defeats the purpose of a firearm forum...

I'll have you know only about 5,000 of my posts are in the political sub-forum. Get your facts straight!

...3,000 are in the Breakroom and whatever is left over are on firearms topics.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What about posters who never contribute to firearm threads, but have 10,000 posts in general political discussion?
    That rather defeats the purpose of a firearm forum...

I believe Rambone mentioned that he owned a firearm once.
    Now I'm not sure that a Red Ryder actually qualifies but I give him an "A" for effort.

Assuming he was one of the ones you were talking about.

I'll have you know only about 5,000 of my posts are in the political sub-forum.

***REPORTED*** :):

Kcollins143

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2015
    Indianapolis
    This is crazy, I spent 5 hours reading and posting posts. There were many other post that were the same and many that were a lot shorter. What's the difference between reading and posting 5 hours one night or doing 5 hours over a period of 5 days. Spending 5 hours of my own time in one sitting deffiently shows I have interested and dedication to this forum just to get shot down and my post removed. Being a guy that is just getting into collecting firearms and reloading, I was expecting a little bit more support. I'm sure there are member that think I'm waisting their time and breath, but this "newbie" or "young pup" is trying to learn and be part of what I thought was a good site, but now see it is being run with politics and political views. Its 2015 guys and there is a new breed of guys wanting to be apart of something good but are getting shut down because I spent 5 hours inONE night and posted longer post then some people, but the thing I am confused about is why people are saying I did it fast to be able to post on classifieds. Its unfortainate people jump to conclusion and don't know the whole story
    Oh wait isn't that what's wrong with the world today!!

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Here is my standard post for newbies interested in getting to the classifieds. There is nothing wrong with that goal, but ya gotta understand and follow the rules.

---

Welcome to INGO, Kcollins143.

This is a gun owner community that has a classifieds area for contributing members, not a free classifieds site. If you are strictly looking for the latter, then Hoosier Topics or Armslist might be a better forum for you.

That being said, if you want to get to INGO's classifieds ASAP, there are two ways:
    1. Create 50 "quality" posts. Ask and/or answer questions. Participate in discussions. Share your firearm photos. There are many ways to create quality posts, even if you aren't a firearms expert. Some try to bypass this requirement by creating 50 short, useless posts. This just pollutes the site and ends up wasting the time of hundreds of other members who have the misfortune to read them. The moderators are very aware of this tactic and will delete junk posts. Think of this as a probationary period where you learn about INGO and we will learn at least some about you via your contributions to its content.
    2. Become a site supporter. For $20 (PayPal is fastest), you get a number of benefits, including early access to the classifieds. This provides an alternate way to contribute to INGO. Servers aren't free. If you do take this route, be sure to follow the note about contacting Scutter01.
    INGO is a very good community and a great info resource. Many of us have made new friends here, both online and in person. I hope you will participate and become part of that group.
    :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is crazy, I spent 5 hours reading and posting posts. There were many other post that were the same and many that were a lot shorter. What's the difference between reading and posting 5 hours one night or doing 5 hours over a period of 5 days. Spending 5 hours of my own time in one sitting deffiently shows I have interested and dedication to this forum just to get shot down and my post removed. Being a guy that is just getting into collecting firearms and reloading, I was expecting a little bit more support. I'm sure there are member that think I'm waisting their time and breath, but this "newbie" or "young pup" is trying to learn and be part of what I thought was a good site, but now see it is being run with politics and political views. Its 2015 guys and there is a new breed of guys wanting to be apart of something good but are getting shut down because I spent 5 hours inONE night and posted longer post then some people, but the thing I am confused about is why people are saying I did it fast to be able to post on classifieds. Its unfortainate people jump to conclusion and don't know the whole story
    Oh wait isn't that what's wrong with the world today!!

In your 1st 50 we are looking at who/what you are. 1 liners do not accomplish this.
    Past your initial 50 it no longer matters.
    If you want to observe the rules, take a minute so we can get to know you then you may find out this is a great place.

If you want to short cut and be a cry baby well, is that not what is wrong with the world right now....:dunno:

Go back and actually read what members have said.
    Or do not............your call.

Oh, keep acting silly and no one will want to play with you.

Top Bottom