Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

HEY DONT THROW THAT AWAY! I can use that

I'd love to talk about ingenuity; Using thing's not as they were directly intended for, or making something out of nothing based on supplies had.

My first will be, something I've never done, but would work just as fine.

Ever had a cheapo knife? Not much good of it as is? Well, break it apart, attach it to a stick and now you can have a spear.

Or Attach a fork to stick, and now you'll have a half decent fishing spear.
    ================================================

I never have made my own bow/arrow, but this seems like it could be a decent idea for MSG's to practice since in a survival situation, you'll probably want to save ammo for the really bad situations.

How to Make a Bow and Arrow - wikiHow

How to Make Wooden Bow and Arrows

The crossbow, could be made, with afew modifications to the above, but it does give a decent idea.
    Build a Hunter’s Crossbow

How to Make Crossbows: The Classic Crossbow

User Info Menu

Your subject line reminds me of a joke about Lorenna Bobbit and Jeffery Dahmer...just saying.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Falken View Post
    Your subject line reminds me of a joke about Lorenna Bobbit and Jeffery Dahmer...just saying.
    Please PM that one

Shooter

User Info Menu

I am currently making a bow out of Maple, testing my bow-making water.... So far I am pleased.

But while making, I thought how personal such a feat is, and how I will make this 'tool' mine, and add some heritagical symbolism into it.

I must encouage people to just try it. It's pretty fun

Master

User Info Menu

I'm sure your bow will make a nice piece. Show some pics when it's done. The Vikings were well known for their craftsmanship.

User Info Menu

I attached a spoon to a spear, now I can steal nibbles from across the room.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beararms1776 View Post
    I'm sure your bow will make a nice piece. Show some pics when it's done. The Vikings were well known for their craftsmanship.
    That they were my friend, that they were. Here's some of my peices.

The above is styled after an ancient Germanic depiction of a Sea voyage, in it, you can clearly see the ancient IE symbol, a Sun Cross.

The following is of a book shelve Im currently working on.

I also do God Pillars

You can barely see the sword, and I've never taken a picture of the final peice, which had more depictions all over it.

Ofcourse Im branching out... Into walking sticks, Germanic (Pagan) Rosaries, Runic sticks, rocks. Looking out trying Runic Chainmail and other trades.

User Info Menu

my freshman year of college, my dorm neighbor made his own chainmail suit out of bailing wire. He was forever forming and linking those little rings.
    I'm much more fun to be around when you're drunk.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    my freshman year of college, my dorm neighbor made his own chainmail suit out of bailing wire. He was forever forming and linking those little rings.

It looks like it could be fun.

I'd be interested in making my own armour.

On a side note, I'll be making (possibly) a Sling shot, thanks to my stroll through the park.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I finished with some knotwork and Runic writing on the Sling Shot, just need to do some minor improvements.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast