• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Red Gold (the tomato company) has an outlet store in Elwood Indiana. They offer most of their products at greatly reduced pricing purchased by the case. Not sure if anyone is interested, but here is a complete product and price list. Sorry about the funky format, I got this as a pdf and couldn't convert to a regular image to upload so I had to take a screen shots. **Please note, the second page is pricing for dented cans or cans missing labels, and are subject to availability**

RedGold1.jpg

RedGold2.jpg

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Thanks for the info

We have a Factory Outlet store located at 451 North 9th Street, Elwood Indiana. The store is open Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00AM-12:00PM and 12:30PM to 4:30PM.

outdoorguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    +1 on the Red Gold outlet store. Indiana local company, doing good. Try Mama Selita's ketchup on eggs, Mmmmmmm......

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Those are really good prices. I use the #10 cans in my Chili and easily pay double from Sam's.

I was just thinking it would be cool to start a thread where people can report where they get food stuffs in bulk cheap.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks! I love Red Gold products.

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores?

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores?

Nope, my wife use to work there and we bought from the outlet all the time. You can get even better deals on the products that may have dented cans or missing labels (though they know what the products are due to the printed code, just cant sell them with missing label). Either way, essentially they don't have any costs or retailer markup, other than production involved in them so they're able to sell them cheaper in house. RedGold is a pretty reputable company in terms of benefit to the communities etc. They also strive to be the lowest-cost provider of their type of products (ie vs. Hunts or Heinz), which allows them lower pricing even when in the stores. Back to the point, their outlet products are the same exp dates as anything you'll find in the stores. Only thing I would suggest, is to inspect cans throughly before putting dented cans in longer term storage. We never had problems from the dented ones we bought (even a year after we bought some of them), but I would hate to need them in a SHTF and find the inner-seal was damaged.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    YOW!!! I love Red Gold. I always remind Mrs. Miguel about the threat of international communism when she accidentally buys Heinz. These prices are sweet, too.

I had no idea they offered that many products, especially the pasta sauces and beans.

Looks like a trip to ECC and Red Gold is in the offing when the weather warms up!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My mom retired from there. I grew up in Elwood and HATED the smell of those tomatoes from the plant. You could smell it all over town. I grew up down the street from where their warehouse is now. It used to be a factory. Elwood used to be full of factories. It was a great place to grow up. I had 144 in my graduating class.

I could sell you a house in Elwood that's only 2 blocks from the warehouse if you are interested. :) Just imagine how close you'd be to it. I even have the abstract of title from the house from 1917 and recent years. I think part of the house was built in 1835 but I'm not completely sure by reading the title.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I just bought some ketchup there and it has an exp date of June 8 2012. I buy there all the time and I can't remember ever getting any products that were set to expire soon. I'm sure there are some that will expire in a few months but with the prices you really can't complain. Let’s say they are making sauce today and x amount of cans fall off the pallet and get dented that have an exp date of Aug 28, 2013, they go to the outlet store and you just got to be the lucky person that gets the newer product.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores

I never went to the store but I did work some cash sales at our plant. Some but not all of these items will be seconds. This means they could have a dent or messed up label. Items in plastic bottles may also have "delamination" which means the plastic is messed up. This is completely cosmetic and will NOT affect the product. Also, many of the items posted on the price list earlier are perfectly fine and taken right off a good pallet. All the products will have "best by" dates on them.

Hope this helps:patriot:

Last edited:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I never went to the store but I did work some cash sales at our plant. Some but not all of these items will be seconds. This means they could have a dent or messed up label. Items in plastic bottles may also have "delamination" which means the plastic is messed up. This is completely cosmetic and will NOT affect the product. Also, many of the items posted on the price list earlier are perfectly fine and taken right off a good pallet. All the products will have "best by" dates on them.

Hope this helps:patriot:

Let me fix this for you...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores

???:rolleyes:

Top Bottom