Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Link in Hoosier prepping....

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woowoo2 View Post
    Eight year old thread.....
    Amazing how technologies can change in 8 years...

Price comparison between battery types, including Tesla model 'S' batteries, a real game changer...
    The kid is annoying, but he's accurate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3VU8Ks8RHSc

A really good solar rig with limited sun using Tesla batteries (done correctly with balancing & proper controllers).
    Keep in mind the Tesla batteries have almost ZERO corrosion issues, and other than charge controllers & balancers they are maintiance free!
    Some folks are getting 12-15 years out of this battery type.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8VqidoxRB_E

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Thought on the champion dual fuel gen you st Sams? The guy who runs several races I do has one and it is QUIET! Not as much as the small Honda but close. Rating is 68db which is about where our dishwasher is listed

big enough for our needs. Even if I have to cycle freezers.

User Info Menu

I have a Champion 3400 Dual Fuel and it is quiet, electric start, 30 AMP RV plug, even comes with a battery tender. When it came in the battery cover was cracked, something poked through the box in shipping and rather than mess with a claim through the delivery company I contacted Champion and they sent me a replacement for free.
    I invested in the cover. champioingenny.jpg
    TJ
    Don't be afraid of the dark. Be Ready for it!!

CKW

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icarry2 View Post
    I have a Champion 3400 Dual Fuel and it is quiet, electric start, 30 AMP RV plug, even comes with a battery tender. When it came in the battery cover was cracked, something poked through the box in shipping and rather than mess with a claim through the delivery company I contacted Champion and they sent me a replacement for free.
    I invested in the cover. champioingenny.jpg
    We have ample power but none are quite rated. This might be on the list of to get items.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WhitleyStu View Post
    Use a transfer switch.
    Get a generator big enough to handle you needs, but not too big that you are wasting fuel running it and only using a small protion of its out put.
    Keep the generator maintained so when it is needed you don't have to work on it.
    Keep battery charged.
    Keep fresh fuel in it (not an issue if running on LP or natural gas).

Size your gen set so itís running at 60% capacity most of the time. They can sustain 70% of a prime power rating indefinitely, above that you get into duty cycle/derating.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

The one I am asking about is pull start, NOT an inverter, and needs a wheel set added. Purpose is to keep freezers running.

Can power water at farm if needed.

Only 68dB rated.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8