• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I am starting to become a prepper...I was wondering about a bail out bag how you guys keep it secured? I mean if you were in an accident or speeding away from someone chasing you, how do you secure it to not fly around?

Another topic of keeping your stuff secure in your bail out bag, the weapon and ammo you keep in there, how do you keep that secure while you are at work or run in the store? Do you guys keep your BOB in the car at night or bring it in with you?

Thanks for all the suggestions ahead of time...

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I am starting to become a prepper...I was wondering about a bail out bag how you guys keep it secured? I mean if you were in an accident or speeding away from someone chasing you, how do you secure it to not fly around?

Bail out bag means a lot of things to a lot of people. Some folks (me), it means the ready bag to survive for a while. It is the spare tire that lives in a car or a office.

Some folks, it means the EDC bag or man-purse. Stuff you use all day, every day.

Bail out bag secured in the back and, yeah, it lives in the car. EDC bag (or briefcase bag for work) is either wedged behind the passenger seat in the floor or on the passenger seat with the carry strap over he headrest.

Another topic of keeping your stuff secure in your bail out bag, the weapon and ammo you keep in there, how do you keep that secure while you are at work or run in the store?

I don't leave a firearm in the car not secured by a lock of some kind. EDC bag, if I'm carrying in its holster, would go in with me.

Do you guys keep your BOB in the car at night or bring it in with you?

Yes... in a garage. EDC bag (or briefcase/computer bag on work days) comes in. BOB secured in back.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I agree, no wepon unsecured.

My EDC bag is usually sitting in the passenger seat of my work truck with a strap over the head rest or in the back strapped in. In my personal truck it goes on the floor board behind my seat. The seat holds it in place. In the car it goes in the trunk.

Anyone who has ever flipped a vehicle knows where stuff can go, fly around, get throuwn out, hit you, etc..

Secure everything...

40 pounds at 65 MPH is about 2,600 pounds of force moving against the stopping force..

Be A Buckle Buddy! - Crash Force Calculator

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Bail out bag means a lot of things to a lot of people. Some folks (me), it means the ready bag to survive for a while. It is the spare tire that lives in a car or a office.

Some folks, it means the EDC bag or man-purse. Stuff you use all day, every day.

Bail out bag secured in the back and, yeah, it lives in the car. EDC bag (or briefcase bag for work) is either wedged behind the passenger seat in the floor or on the passenger seat with the carry strap over he headrest.

I don't leave a firearm in the car not secured by a lock of some kind. EDC bag, if I'm carrying in its holster, would go in with me.

Yes... in a garage. EDC bag (or briefcase/computer bag on work days) comes in. BOB secured in back.
    Give this a read, it might help expand a little on what ^^he^^ was saying.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ions_on_my_bob_ghb_sghbs_etc.html#post2474417

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I don't keep my BOB in the car anymore. I had one get stolen from my car in September. The scum bag broke the window of my car to get it. It had a little bit of ammo, but no guns. I treat my BOB like a weapon now- never unattended or unsecured.

Side note: Cheaper Than Dirt sells a great line of Tacticool bags called Drago at a good price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I keep the BOB in the house with the rest of the SHTF supply's. My place is the gathering point for the family and rest of the group if something comes down. We have a second location if the first is inaccessible.
    My job takes me 2 or 3 hours out sometimes and I want the bag there for the wife and kids if they need it to roll out.

Top Bottom