Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Charter Arms AR-7

Found me a $100 deal and picking it up tonight. I know, I know...they're completely unreliable, according to any accounts. But, for $100 I had to take a chance and intend on making it my kitchen table project to make it a "sure fire" deal!

User Info Menu

I've wondered about picking one of these up, too. It's a machine, right? So it must be capable of tuning to make it a reliable, repeatable process...I think...
    We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it. - Thomas Jefferson

A gentleman seldom needs a pistol but when he needs one he needs it very badly. - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

I hope, but for $100, it would be a reasonable single shot rifle. We shall see...lol I've already got a Savage Model 30, so I'm covered for a light, dependable "meater". But, the AR-7 looks way cooler! HAHA

User Info Menu

I agree for $100 it's worth the risk.
    We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it. - Thomas Jefferson

A gentleman seldom needs a pistol but when he needs one he needs it very badly. - Winston Churchill

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I have had 2 A-R 7's and both were very reliable semi auto's. I wish they were still in my safe but the 1st wife took care of that for me. And the M-1, the M-14 and a couple of 1911's but I digress.

User Info Menu

Seen good ones and bad ones. A co-worker found one in her dad's house after he passed and asked me to look at it. After I funcion tested it and it failed to load/ eject a few times I took it apart and cleaned it and it shot well. Keep them clean. At 3.5 pounds and floating could be a good forage/ BOB gun, but I prefer my Nylon 66.

After you clean it COMPLETELY and you know your mags work, just figure out what ammo it likes.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Mine did not like cheap ammo at all.
    I miss my Nylon 66 as well. Thanks for the memory's boys.

User Info Menu

Got it, love it! Was really, really dirty and probably didn't function well due to that. Hence, the $100 price tag. Cleaned up great, can't wait to shoot it. Once it's proven, I'll tuck it away in the BOB. Well worth the 3 hour round trip!

User Info Menu

these pic will help you when you clean it
    US Survival From Henry Repeating Arms – Follow Up and Disassembly | The Packing Rat

BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU REMOVE THE SCREWS THE LITTLE SPRINGS INSIDE TEND TO WANT TO FLY OUT WHEN YOU TAKE THE COVER OFF.

DONT ASK HOW I KNOW. =P

btw if it was made by henry use rem golden boy ammo that is what mine loved n nohing else.

Plinker

User Info Menu

definitely worth the $100 investment. Is it reliable or not, it can be with a little elbow grease. Nice buy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast