• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I enjoyed the last one very much, less of a how to manual and more of a novel. I am the first on the list to get it from the public library (hear that hoosierdoc!?!)

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've got it on my Kindle. I started rereading Survivors a week ago and want to finish it and go right in to Founders. I'm hoping he continues the story from one of the others that were in Patriots like he did in Survivors.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I'm a big fan of Jim Rawles and I read his blog every morning as I drink my coffee. I love his blog. I loved "Patiots", but thought "Survivors" was not as good, and gotta say that after only 50 pages "Founders" is painful to read.

I'm a Christian myself, but even I find his constant Christian and Jewish propaganda to be way over the top.

Let's face it, he's a survivalist, not a master of fiction... and he needs a better editor.

I'll finish the book, but so far it's worse than "Survivors."

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm a big fan of Jim Rawles and I read his blog every morning as I drink my coffee. I love his blog. I loved "Patiots", but thought "Survivors" was not as good, and gotta say that after only 50 pages "Founders" is painful to read.

I'm a Christian myself, but even I find his constant Christian and Jewish propaganda to be way over the top.

Let's face it, he's a survivalist, not a master of fiction... and he needs a better editor.

I'll finish the book, but so far it's worse than "Survivors."

Rawles' first attempts at writing were on Usenet. He would post whatever he had finished so far and put it on misc.survivalism and we would critique it. The "Grey Ninties" became "TEOTWAKI" became "Triple Aught" which he finally was able to publish as "Patriots." Maybe he should return to that model of editing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm part way through it and so far, it has not really grabbed me like Patriots did. It is awfully heavy on the religious overtones, to the point of talking about methods of birth control that fit with the church's views. We'll see where it goes from here though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rawles' first attempts at writing were on Usenet. He would post whatever he had finished so far and put it on misc.survivalism and we would critique it. The "Grey Ninties" became "TEOTWAKI" became "Triple Aught" which he finally was able to publish as "Patriots." Maybe he should return to that model of editing.

I think I have a copy of TEOTWAWKI on my old computer.

I know I've read why he uses the comma in his name, but I can never remember why.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Finished it last nite...
    It was just more filler for Patriots.
    Only thing I noticed was that the firearms used were more up to date, like SIG 556, Saiga 12 ga & FN 5.7.
    It was ok, but not great.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Yeah, I finished it last night, too. Just like any other series , the first is the best and the rest were less than the first. The way he set up the story line by telling it chronologically in three different books from dozens of peoples' experiences was difficult to pull off well.
    Too much material was covered in all three books.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    If anyone wants my copy they can have it. Just PM me.

EDIT: I made arrangements to give the book to an INGO'er. Maybe he will pass it on when he is done.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom