Kenya Mall Assault--could/will it happen here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    And they tell us we're safe in gun free zones! This mall looks like any here in America and was frequented by people of all nationalities. I've included a link so that you can see the pictures from the scene and WARNING-some are very graphic. I also included a story about a British ex-marine who saved hundreds of lives with just a handgun.

Terrifying Images From A Terrorist Attack At The Westgate Mall In Kenya

British hero of the mall massacre: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok | Mail Online

You might want to think about this next time you head out to the mall.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've used this example over the years to show there is an inflated terrorist threat in this country by our government in order tokeep funding their outrageously expensive war on terror (the new war on drugs). Gotta make people scared to keep sucking their money dry.

a shopping mall is such a no brainer target for terrorists but how many have we had here in America by terrorist? Sure there's been Domestic crazy whackos that have shot people but no foreign based attack.

Last edited:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    we all should know damn well that **** can go south real wuick, thats why we're the guys on here......head on a swivel and situational awareness always...but you guys already knew that

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I've often wondered why something like this hasn't happened in this country. Malls are wide open and all are gun free zones. Maybe planning something bigger?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It would take courage to pull a stunt like that in the USA.
    So needless to say I'm not worried at all.

You find some crazy people who are already willing to do that in movie theaters and schools.
    I dont see why some evil person couldn't coordinate and provide founding for a bunch of them to do the same in a mall, at the same time.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There have been plenty of shootings at malls. Just last year we saw one or two that were all over the news. Will we experience a terrorist attack in a mall? Maybe. It would be a soft target. Malls aren't going to change their rules, tho. They'd rather take the risk, (the very low risk) that a terrorist attack occurs than accept the insurance liability.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've used this example over the years to show there is an inflated terrorist threat in this country by our government in order tokeep funding their outrageously expensive war on terror (the new war on drugs). Gotta make people scared to keep sucking their money dry.

a shopping mall is such a no brainer target for terrorists but how many have we had here in America by terrorist? Sure there's been Domestic crazy whackos that have shot people but no foreign based attack.

Domestic terrorism is a reality in the US.The majority of terrorists attacks in the US (according to the FBI) are domestic and not foreign.
    We shouldn't think it cannot happen because "foreign based attacked" are rare.
    If you get shot in a mall you wont care where the person behind all this is based.The result will be the same.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm still more likely to be hit by lightning so I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it. Fear is the goal of the terrorists; why fall to it?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Malls are gun free zones, so, yes, it could easily happen here. The odds aren't as high considering laws don't enforce the gun free zones.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Domestic terrorism is a reality in the US.The majority of terrorists attacks in the US (according to the FBI) are domestic and not foreign.
    If you get shot in a mall you wont care where the person behind all this is based.The result will be the same.
    the FBI thinks everyone is a terrorist. I don't pay attention to what the FBI thinks.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Can a " Kenya style " mall assault happen here ? Sure , it's ALWAYS been a possibility . However , so has lightning , asteroids , tornado's , etc .

I don't think a bunch of hadji's or homegrowns will co-ordinate and strike us like they did over there , I just don't see it happening that way .

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm ready to protect my family and myself anywhere I go. If someone is shooting at people, I'm not going to be concerned if they're white, black, foreign, domestic, male, female.

Top Bottom