• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I thought I would start this thread to see what people are asking for or buying for Christmas related to prepping or camping? I am working on finishing my list and am drawing a blank on some stuff so I figured why not see what others are wanting. I'm focusing on my camping gear and getting a few lightweight items for my bag as well as just fun camping. Also, a ham radio is on my list so I can make my communications better then the sorry state I feel they currently are. Share what you are wanting Santa to bring you

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    We just had our family Christmas this weekend. I did gift bags that (among a mix of other unrelated things) included flashlights and paracord bracelets for the women, and glow sticks and whistles for the kids. The guys all got lighters and gift cards to Home Depot.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Radio's Amazon.com: BaoFeng UV-5R 136-174/400-480 MHz Dual-Band DTMF CTCSS DCS FM Ham Two Way Radio: Car Electronics. Many will say it is junk cause you cant talk to the Netherlands and it is not water proof, bla bla bla. Get the car plug in and a remote antenna for the roof. From my location on the N/E side i can hit the 146.700 repeater on the N side and bounce to almost Anderson,Speedway,S of Greenwood,Shelbyville.
    Locally I've heard a Ham test is comong up in Indy in Jan. Next one in Columbus is in Feb
    For the money you cant not beat it with a stick. And if you/they end up not likeing it you don't have that much into it. But it will get you started for little cost. And many of the Motorola accessories will work on it

:twocents:

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Well just got 2 beofeng 5R's so those are now crossed off the list LOL

I'd like a few of the Life Straws. Believe they are about $20 each and rated up to 250gal +/- Not to shabby for such a compact item and I already have a Katadyn Hiker setup.

I know I'm already being gifted a couple extended life batteries for the 5R's

Couple various Maxpedition pouches of various size/color

30+ acres in the middle of nowhere

Flux Capacitor poster - Not a prep item but I WANT it LOL

More long term food stores

More ammo

Bout it pretty solid with most everything been busy this year :)

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    wifey is getting me the flintlock i asked for... i think it is a prepper item... lots of powder, no caps and could shoot rocks or homemade rounds if need be...

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    My Amazon wish list is a cornucopia of shooting/prep items. It's more of a bookmark for things I need and a price comparison for buying locally (if possible, but the nearest city with more than 3 stories is over an hour away) but my parents wanted a list for ideas. My mom did ask me "why all the emergency stuff?" I then reminded her where we moved to and the propensity for hurricanes. She said she'll get me the Peltor active muffs and a couple of the waterBOB bathtub water storage things. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom