• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Ok, I decided it would be a good idea to start a 2014 goals thread so that maybe some of us can help motivate each other or give ideas that maybe others have overlooked. What kind of goals do you have for the new year and they can be fitness, equipment, or skill oriented.

I plan on getting ready for and running a Warrior Dash later in 2014 as well as getting to at least two training classes this year. I figure I will get down to Tactical Response at least once as well as a more local class along with Mindset Labs again. Also, I will be getting my HAM license and I want to do a three day trip with nothing but my normal pack. I know that it is common for some to do that but I haven't had much chance and I want to take a shot at a park in Tennessee or maybe out west with just my pack. This year is about pushing myself a little more and building on the things I have learned so far. Personally, I have a LONG way to go but it is a never ending process.

Good Luck!!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I certainly need to get back into better shape. The desk job is starting to really add to the middle. I plan to get the bike out more this year (think Schwinn not Harley) and do at least 25 miles per week. I want to practice my bushcraft, explore Indiana state parks and find a good bug out location.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I certainly need to get back into better shape. The desk job is starting to really add to the middle. I plan to get the bike out more this year (think Schwinn not Harley) and do at least 25 miles per week. I want to practice my bushcraft, explore Indiana state parks and find a good bug out location.

Bushcraft is something I really want to learn more about. I grew up in town and everything I have learned has been on my own the last several years so there are a lot of different ways of doing things I have never learned.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    This year I will SCUBA dive, shoot, and backpack more frequently. My main goal is 100 dives this year. I'm going to have at least 30 by March, so I'll be well on my way. I will backpack more frequently, so I'm planning on a trip to North Manitou Island and The Boundary Waters. I've also decided that worrying about the cost of ammo isn't worth not going to the range. I will shot more no matter the cost.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bushcraft is something I really want to learn more about. I grew up in town and everything I have learned has been on my own the last several years so there are a lot of different ways of doing things I have never learned.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I've started acquiring some gear over the past few years and trying to learn some new fire-starting and shelter building techniques. The problem is I haven't had all that much opportunity to test a lot of stuff to see it it will truly hold up. I'm looking forward to taking some time this spring to put a lot of my gear to the test, and seeing what I need to upgrade. Hopefully I find some things that I can ditch too, and lighten my pack a bit.

Guns have taken up a lot of my focus in 2013. 2014 might just be the year of the knife.

BeauBailey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Over the last year and a half I've acquired a short list of guns and for 2014 I have just 1 left. Then I'd like to start adding a couple accessories to what I have. Also I'd like to fill up the ammo cans that I have.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In the process of buying my first home. Finally moving out of my downtown apt and moving into a more secluded home. This has been a goal for a while. Also plan on starting some canning and may look into getting a dog for security at some point.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I think I have my gun collection squared away pretty well so it's time to start with basic prepping. Been viewing this forum more and more and I think I'm gonna start with the basics food and water. I want to start gardening and canning. I would also like to get a emergency battery bank and some emergency circuits installed in the house.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I hate to revive an aging thread but I thought it'd be interesting to see what this turns into and add my goals.

In 2014 I NEED to lose some weight (any loss is progress), get to the range more, put more emphasis on hunting and fishing with a purpose, put my money towards something other then McDonald's..that's all a pretty good start

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Lost 55# last year, would like to lose another 40-50.

I'm planning on doing the Mud-Stash

Other goals include moving more towards the Gray Man that WETSU and others promote and getting fit.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I would like to get a couple more guns that have been on my wish list and continue to stock up on ammo in the hopes that I can insulate myself from any inevitable gun scare that may happen down the road. Grow the 401K more aggressively as well.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Finish paying off the credit cards ( 75 per cent gone ) and chop ' em up .

Well , maybe , I'll keep just one around for emergencies .

Isn't that how it always starts.?

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    Finish what I can do on the house remodel.
    Have a few garage sales to get rid of things we don't need. Get organized!!
    Take the kids to the range to shoot as much as we can and do more camping.
    Print out some "things" I will need to remember just incase the web/elec. goes down for awhile.
    Try out some fun ideas I pinned on Pintrest.
    Work on feeding the family a little healthier.
    Drink less Dr. Pepper!!

Top Bottom