• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    this is a feeler to see if anyone is interested in taking a class (two day) over TCCC and CLS, it is the same class i teach my marines when they get to the fleet so it will be mainly combat oriented and will deal with a lot of combat related wounds. I will test you out knowledge wise at the end of the course and will allow anyone who wants one a copy of the slide show portion, there will also be a practical application portion and practical test i normally take three days morning and afternoon to teach the class with a two hour lunch break this will be the condensed version and depending on the number of people interested should only take two days(08-1600 tent. with lunch break of 1 hour) the last day will most likely go until 2100 it will cover all of the current as of this date(1-19-2014) TCCC information that is needed at the basic to intermediate 1st responder level. I will probably charge for the class mostly because we will be using medical supplies and i will be giving fluids as part of the class price is tentatively around $75 depending on participation. Any questions you have you may leave here and i will get back to you when i can, i am a current active duty Marine both cls and tccc certified as of november of 2013 it is my 3rd year being certified and i will be recertifying before i return i will bring my certs in case anyone wants to see them before i give the class, i have taught this class 7 different times since i have been in with no issues currently i am studying to become a Corpsman after my last year of my current contract ends and as part i am going to take an emt class at CMC and currently shadow at our battalion aid station. Again any questions please let me know here as well as concerns about the class or anything i forgot(which i probably have seeing as this is my 2nd night of no sleep whatsoever). have a great day INGO

thing number one i forgot: taking place around june of this year so you have time

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    this is a feeler to see if anyone is interested in taking a class (two day) over TCCC and CLS, it is the same class i teach my marines when they get to the fleet so it will be mainly combat oriented and will deal with a lot of combat related wounds. I will test you out knowledge wise at the end of the course and will allow anyone who wants one a copy of the slide show portion, there will also be a practical application portion and practical test i normally take three days morning and afternoon to teach the class with a two hour lunch break this will be the condensed version and depending on the number of people interested should only take two days(08-1600 tent. with lunch break of 1 hour) the last day will most likely go until 2100 it will cover all of the current as of this date(1-19-2014) TCCC information that is needed at the basic to intermediate 1st responder level. I will probably charge for the class mostly because we will be using medical supplies and i will be giving fluids as part of the class price is tentatively around $75 depending on participation. Any questions you have you may leave here and i will get back to you when i can, i am a current active duty Marine both cls and tccc certified as of november of 2013 it is my 3rd year being certified and i will be recertifying before i return i will bring my certs in case anyone wants to see them before i give the class, i have taught this class 7 different times since i have been in with no issues currently i am studying to become a Corpsman after my last year of my current contract ends and as part i am going to take an emt class at CMC and currently shadow at our battalion aid station. Again any questions please let me know here as well as concerns about the class or anything i forgot(which i probably have seeing as this is my 2nd night of no sleep whatsoever). have a great day INGO

thing number one i forgot: taking place around june of this year so you have time

fluids eh? assuming (for your sake) this class will be in compliance with applicable state/federal law?

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    it would be in fort wayne on the whitely county line at my house yes

honestly i didnt think to check state and federal law to make sure its in compliance i am certified to teach the class to military so i just kinda assumed that i could teach it to yall if you could post any applicable laws for me that would be great otherwise i will look them up tomorrow
    as for the fluids it will be one bag of NS 500ml via an iv

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    it would be in fort wayne on the whitely county line at my house yes

honestly i didnt think to check state and federal law to make sure its in compliance i am certified to teach the class to military so i just kinda assumed that i could teach it to yall if you could post any applicable laws for me that would be great otherwise i will look them up tomorrow
    as for the fluids it will be one bag of NS 500ml via an iv

normal saline requires a prescription or supervision of aqualified medical authority. Unfortunately, .mil and .civ are differentanimals.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    By the time i give the class i will be a certified emt that should cover it correct?

fluid resuscitation is not within the scope of practice foran EMT-Basic, so no. Basically you need to be a paramedic/paramedic instructor,or someone else legally qualified, and who is acting under the scope of amedical director to be doing something like this, especially for $$$. An argumentcould be made for using the "dummy" arms for the venipuncture, andthat MIGHT be ok? My advice? skip the I.V.'s and needle decompression if youhad that on the list. Both of those can/are a good way for things to go south.Stick with ABC's and good supportive care. Good luck on your exam!

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    There are ways to decompress without the needle d i was going to mention it but teach non invasive burping the chest seal, ill teach how to stick then i guess thank you for the warning

Top Bottom