Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Ebola on the horizon?

Probably better start planning on a bug in situation if Ebola makes it to the us. There is a serious outbreak going on and so far nothing is being done to protect the American public. Flights are coming and going from African countries like nothing is going on.

Just keep this one in mind while you prep.
    Last edited by nra4ever; 07-30-2014 at 11:12.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nra4ever View Post
    Probably better start planning on a bug in situation if Ebola makes it to the us. There is a serious outbreak going on and so far nothing is being done to protect the American public. Flights are coming and going from African countries like nothing is going on.

Just at keep this one in mind while you prep.
    Yep... something's different about this outbreak.

EDIT:
    Here's a page with updated ebola news feeds:
    http://usdipole.com/ncisar/infectious-disease-news/
    Last edited by Justus; 07-30-2014 at 08:36.

User Info Menu

Tagged. Interested in these developments.
    Let that be my contrarian reply...

Plinker

User Info Menu

Other than isolation, is there anything available for prevention?
    I carry wherever I feel I need to because I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 ANYDAY!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vzdude View Post
    Other than isolation, is there anything available for prevention?
    Just like anything else, wash your hands, disinfect surfaces, keep away from other people's bodily fluids.

User Info Menu

Live shot outside the CDC right now

Let that be my contrarian reply...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Live shot outside the CDC right now

Lol nice!

there isn't much you can do except avoid it. One of the problems with diseases such as this is that your coworker thinks they just don't feel good until they are bleeding from every orifice. Oops now I've contaminated the whole car pool.
    Never stop burning tin.

User Info Menu

Since I don't eat many monkeys or bats, and I am a firm believer in avoiding contact with bodily fluids of people who bleed from every orifice, I don't think I'll head to the bunker just yet.

I think the panic a disease like this could generate in the US would be far more destructive than the disease itself.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Just read that they've identified a man who made it to Britain and was suspected of having it, but did not.

My understanding is that it can be contagious before the victims are overtly symptomatic.
    Last edited by T.Lex; 07-31-2014 at 14:36. Reason: To fix a factual mistake.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    My understanding is that it can be contagious before the victims are overtly symptomatic.
    Contagious through direct contact with bodily fluids. As a middle aged, married, monogamous guy, my direct contacts with anybody else's bodily fluids are few and far between.

Interestingly enough, semen is the bodily fluid that Ebola survives in the longest. There are documented cases of male survivors infecting their mates weeks after all symptoms have disappeared and the virus is not detectible in their blood.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast