Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

how about a change of clothes jeans a shirt a sweater and a couple pairs of socks

User Info Menu

I've made some small changes since I took these pictures, but this is what I keep in my "trunk".

Ratchet straps, bow shackles, locks, security cable, recovery strap, etc in the black/yellow bag. Extra work clothes in the red bag.

GHB in the middle (Has since been changed). Boots, jumper cables, and air hose on the right. The hitch on the right is for using my recovery strap and a bow shackle.

Large Kobalt socket, wrench, and tool set. Gas can, bolt cutters, shovel, magazines, and my truck gun. There are a couple 3l bottles of water under the rifle.

Blankets, hatchet, rope. This black/yellow bag has first aid kit, red cyalume sticks, LED flashers, trailer/towing stuff, gloves, etc in it.

GHBs for my passengers in the black bags. Tarps on the right with some rain gear for the GHBs.

The smaller bag. First aid kit, cyalume sticks, LED flashers, lantern, zip ties, gloves, trash bags.

The larger bag. Tow strap, recovery strap, ratchet straps, security cable, bow shackles, locks, etc.
    How have you exercised your 2nd Amendment Rights today?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Car Ramrod View Post
    I've made some small changes since I took these pictures, but this is what I keep in my "trunk".

Ratchet straps, bow shackles, locks, security cable, recovery strap, etc in the black/yellow bag. Extra work clothes in the red bag.

GHB in the middle (Has since been changed). Boots, jumper cables, and air hose on the right. The hitch on the right is for using my recovery strap and a bow shackle.

Large Kobalt socket, wrench, and tool set. Gas can, bolt cutters, shovel, magazines, and my truck gun. There are a couple 3l bottles of water under the rifle.

Blankets, hatchet, rope. This black/yellow bag has first aid kit, red cyalume sticks, LED flashers, trailer/towing stuff, gloves, etc in it.

GHBs for my passengers in the black bags. Tarps on the right with some rain gear for the GHBs.

The smaller bag. First aid kit, cyalume sticks, LED flashers, lantern, zip ties, gloves, trash bags.

The larger bag. Tow strap, recovery strap, ratchet straps, security cable, bow shackles, locks, etc.
    Nice
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Expert

User Info Menu

FAK, Sleeping bag, small wool blanket, kabar knife, leather work gloves, knit watch, cap boonie hat, hooded sweatshirt, canteen/cup/case, jumper cables, small tarp, 550 paracord(40'), car charger for my cell phone, gal Antifreeze, gal non freeze Windshield fluid, qt of oil, scraper, small ice chipper. On me: folding knife, keys, wallet, usually firearm w/ spare ammo-mag, jacket, ball cap, cell phone, and boots. Always have couple water bottles for the ride and my lunch kit on way to work.
    Sometimes during hunting season: 12ga Shotgun w/ case, assorted ammo, camo clothes, backpack w/ 24 hr survival gear.

Well prepped!

User Info Menu

You can't fix stupid.

User Info Menu

Oh, I also have a bag I add to the backseat for the winter. It has coveralls, a winter coat, gloves, hats, socks, and other cold weather gear in it.

User Info Menu

I have a GHB in my truck, and I also keep rain gear, a few tools, and several tarps in there. Tarps can serve a wide variety of uses, so I always keep them around. Even the cheaper ones from harbor freight could make a big difference in an emergency. Of course in the winter time I always throw some Carharrt coveralls and a heavy coat in, too.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

User Info Menu

Oh, I also have a bag I add to the backseat for the winter. It has coveralls, a winter coat, gloves, hats, socks, and other cold weather gear in it.
    Very nice kit you have there.I have mine in the trunk of a small car and still want to have some room left in the trunk, so I cant have that many bags and gear.

It's pretty hard to keep your kit small.Even if you have a large truck you always want to add more stuff (extra tires, more water/food/fuel etc).

I added some maps to my kit today.I thought I had some but turned out I removed them a while ago.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Very nice kit you have there.I have mine in the trunk of a small car and still want to have some room left in the trunk, so I cant have that many bags and gear.

It's pretty hard to keep your kit small.Even if you have a large truck you always want to add more stuff (extra tires, more water/food/fuel etc).

I added some maps to my kit today.I thought I had some but turned out I removed them a while ago.
    Yea, it's quite a bit of stuff, but I'm sure I could do without some of it if I needed the space. If you're wanting just a basic kit, with minimal tools, you could probably fit most of it into one bag or tote.

User Info Menu

Yea, it's quite a bit of stuff, but I'm sure I could do without some of it if I needed the space. If you're wanting just a basic kit, with minimal tools, you could probably fit most of it into one bag or tote.
    I already always carry a "get home bag" with water, food, gloves, some clothes, few tools, flashlights with batteries, large first aid kit (plus trauma kit in my jacket) and a few other stuff.

So I dont need a huge kit in the trunk who would have most of the same things.
    So far I just added more water, more food, blankets, rain gear, maps, work gloves.I think that's it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast