Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Survivor Library

JOY-GASM!

/. just hipped me to a website that will now enjoy pride of place right next to the Global Village Construction Set in my personal post-apocalyptic bookshelf/bookmarks.

It's gonna be a really hard task to not just copy-pasta the /. blurb right here, but essentially, the Survivor Library is to general scientific and technologic knowledge what the GVCS is to the machines necessary to use that knowledge. The GVCS is for rebuilding the engineering foundations of a technologicly advanced society. SL is for living in it. Now, I really need to buy a couple of new hard drives so I can torrent the SL's content.

Oh, and because I don't want to have to rely on the /. blurb, but can find it here, the blurber linked to this book: Henley's Formulas

Also, this video link (Which turns out to be NatGeo's American Blackout (2013)) and this video link (which turns out to be James Burke's Connections S01E01, entitled The Trigger Effect, which was largely about the New York blackout of 1965).

Browse SL
    SL's raison d'Ítre
    Last edited by CathyInBlue; 10-28-2014 at 12:04.
    I failed the Voight-Kampff test.

group buy on paper & toner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

it'll take awhile to get it, with only 5 seeds
    "Emotions... They ought to be outlawed." ~Dredd

I think a group buy on basic Android tablets, battery packs, and DC-DC voltage converters would be more worthwhile.

Perpetually peeved poultry AngryRooster's Avatar
    Thanks for the link. Yep, gonna have to clear off some space on the HD to get that one. Love the new sig line as well.
    Quote of the week...
    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Probably because she knew what 2" looked like pretty well, but couldn't picture 4" to save her life.
    INGO #468

Quote Originally Posted by BroodXI View Post
    it'll take awhile to get it, with only 5 seeds
    Yes, I am torrenting it too. Still got a few days to go. Its really put a hammer on my seedbox account. Really curious to get my hands on all those books though.

Does anyone have an estimate on the disk size of the library?
    Not sure if that firearm or accessory has been subject to a safety recall? Read INGO's Comprehensive Firearm Safety Recall Listing for an easy way to check.

The mob is not worthy of respect. It is not interested in truth, or even compassion. It is only interested in power.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeB View Post
    Yes, I am torrenting it too. Still got a few days to go. Its really put a hammer on my seedbox account. Really curious to get my hands on all those books though.
    Only took me a couple days to download. It's spreading quickly, so there's lots of interest out there. Peers will be the best sources.

Does anyone have an estimate on the disk size of the library?
    ~118GB uncompressed on the current torrent. As new material is added and rehashed, it'll grow.
    Working on a compressed file at the moment. Since they're mostly PDFs, I'm hoping for a good reduction in size, in exchange for time spent decompressing later.

Is there an EPUB-where-possible-otherwise-PDF version of the torrent?

I think it would be great if we made a thread where we can source all of these sites together that INGO'ers have found. Once I get to a computer, I can link a few sites I've found like the one you posted

"If only I had checked myself" -Guy Who Wrecked Himself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast