Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

Bunch a landlubbers......

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I grew up with farm folk that could strip/clean/cook anything.
    Not sure if they would eat a gull or not.
    Get back with you.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by findingZzero View Post
    Every shipwrecked sailor I've read, would rather starve than eat a sea gull. There's not much and it tastes god awful.
    This.

As a kid I spent a lot of time on the ocean boating and fishing. Most of the old captains we went out with would say the same thing. If I ever got stranded at sea I'd do everything I could to catch a fish before I even thought about trying to get a gull.

I've seen the garbage those things eat. If I were to ever consider eating one in a survival situation it would be a last, last, last resort.

That said, If you were able to prepare one properly (deep fried) it probably wouldn't be too awful.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure this was meant in jest, but for those who may not already know it, all birds of prey in the U.S., including all species of seagull, are protected.
    That also includes vultures (yeah, who would even consider it), hawks, eagles, owls, falcons, kites, and even storks, egrets, herons, and cranes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    This.

As a kid I spent a lot of time on the ocean boating and fishing. Most of the old captains we went out with would say the same thing. If I ever got stranded at sea I'd do everything I could to catch a fish before I even thought about trying to get a gull.

I've seen the garbage those things eat. If I were to ever consider eating one in a survival situation it would be a last, last, last resort.

That said, If you were able to prepare one properly (deep fried) it probably wouldn't be too awful.
    Yet it is common place for chickens to eat their own poop and anything else they can swallow. People still eat chicken without complaints. Catfish eat a lot of nasty crap too but they also have a strong fan base.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was meant in jest, but for those who may not already know it, all birds of prey in the U.S., including all species of seagull, are protected.
    That also includes vultures (yeah, who would even consider it), hawks, eagles, owls, falcons, kites, and even storks, egrets, herons, and cranes.
    The seagull is a bird of prey?
    sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Plinker

User Info Menu

i bet they taste fowl

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RabbleRouser View Post
    6830b-bird-of-prey.jpg
    sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RabbleRouser View Post
    Yes, it is classified as such, believe it or not.
    No, I'm not joking here.

User Info Menu

Reference here:
    Eddie Rickenbacker and Six Other People Survive a B-17 Crash and Three Weeks Lost in the Pacific Ocean

" At that point it seemed they would need a miracle to save them. They held prayer meetings and sang hymns to keep their spirits up. On the eighth day, events took a dramatic turn. After the afternoon prayer service, Rickenbacker was lying on his back with his hat pulled down over his face when something landed on it — a sea gull. Rickenbacker slowly reached up, clamped his fingers around the gull's legs and held on tight, then wrung its neck and stripped its feathers. He carved it up, divided the meat into equal shares and kept the intestines for bait. It did not matter to the men that the meat was raw and tough and tasted fishy. They ate all of it, including the bones."
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast