Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

opinions on the edibility or lack thereof of the seagull....

near my home there is a small strip mall and there are hundreds of seagulls that hang about in the parking lot, i guess they think the black top is water or something. these birds are fearless i learned as i tossed a bit of broken cracker and nearly 30 birds landed well within arms length to get a tasty morsel. i noticed that some of these birds looked quite plump and came close enough that if I really tried I could just grab them by hand and that leads me to the question....

can you eat a seagull?

has anyone here heard of such a notion? how would the birds taste? is there much meat or is it all fluff? is it safe? what do they taste like? anyone got a good seagull recipe?
    sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

User Info Menu

I just want to clarify, i am not looking to start eating seagulls in the local parking lots as a recreational thing. I am mearly speculating here....if basic services (food, water, medical, law enforcement...) are interrupted for an extended period of time or break down permanently could i could i catch and eat seagulls without ill effects.

plus....any bird tastes fine with a bit of Frank's Red Hot
    sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

User Info Menu

Properly cooked, all birds are theoretically edible. I would cook to an internal temperature of 175 degrees F.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

I do NOT know, but are you SURE, they are Seagulls ?????

And aren't they scavangers ?????
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SSGSAD View Post
    And aren't they scavangers ?????
    So are catfish.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Shooter

User Info Menu

Every shipwrecked sailor I've read, would rather starve than eat a sea gull. There's not much and it tastes god awful.

User Info Menu

People eat crow, raccoon, opossum, and many other not so normal items. Meat is meat.

Leo
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I have seen old immigrant women carry a cloth bag to Daley plaza and sit on the benches slowing feeding pigeons. As the pigeons get closer, the old women will bag one, and carry it home in the sack. That is a protein source for people like that. I'll bet the seagulls will be an ok food source.

Marksman

User Info Menu

A quick way to find out what they taste like would be to swing by KFC and pick up a bucket.......................chicken my ass.

User Info Menu

I was thinking the same thing about sand cranes, last month there were thousands of them in my area just passing through. I was told they are protected and that they don't taste good but ......................................

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast