Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    I couldn't help but laugh at one person at base camp hoping the one coming off the 10 mile hike was brining them some food.

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh at one person at base camp hoping the one coming off the 10 mile hike was brining them some food.
    I think that was one of the red headed brothers. I got a chuckle out of that too. That guy had already caught and eaten 5 fish but wanted his brother going through a 10 mile hike to bring him food. I don't have high hopes for those boys to win it. I bet they make it a good long ways, but their tempers are already starting to show.

It is a very interesting show and it goes to show the mind gives in before the body look at the first two tap outs. I think the man and wife will win if she can maintain her strength

Plinker
    Show is one of the best on TV, without a doubt. Very good stuff here. Although this season, these kids are SOFT. How do you tap out after a day or three?

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by aturk View Post
    Show is one of the best on TV, without a doubt. Very good stuff here. Although this season, these kids are SOFT. How do you tap out after a day or three?
    Happens every season. Once they're all alone, and it's been non-stop rain in an area they aren't familiar with the reality of what they're trying to do sets in. Unfamiliar landscape, unfamiliar water supply and unfamiliar food sources all turns into a big scare and shock. I can see why a person would want to quit right out of the gate, but I also think it's the intent of the guys behind the scenes making the show to get some of those people in the show for an early tap out. I really wasn't shocked when I saw the blacksmith boys drop out asap. I think they were a prop for the show. Having people in there that'll tap out early adds some amount of validity to the show trying to prove that it's a rough and tough challenge.

At this point, I'm still betting on the husband and wife.

Marksman
    The first season was funny. First guy tapped out within hours of getting dropped off.

I would love to be able to do the show. Being able to take that much time off from work would be great.

I do wonder if they are not allowed to kill the local animals such as bears, mountain lions and wolves. Last season they were not allowed to kill the local deer as they were protected.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar
    Last year one dude saw bear poop in the first hour or so and tapped.
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

Quote Originally Posted by LockStocksAndBarrel View Post
    Last year one dude saw bear poop in the first hour or so and tapped.
    He's the same one that told his family and friends on his pre-show video what he would do bears that come near him. Apparently the reality of bears is different from the concept of bears.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    He's the same one that told his family and friends on his pre-show video what he would do bears that come near him. Apparently the reality of bears is different from the concept of bears.

God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

Yyyyyyaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

75 days!

It wasn't going to last much longer. Another great season in the books.

“There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.” Churchill

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast