Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Who is watching ALONE?

http://www.history.com/shows/alone/episodes

Who is watching the new survival show ALONE on History channel?

They drop 10 guys onto Vancouver Island alone. They are isolated from one another and trying to survive in cold, wet Canadian pine forest.

Basically last guy that walks out of the woods wins.

They film everything themselves, a la Survivor Man. It could be interesting.
    Last edited by MCgrease08; 06-25-2015 at 06:39.
    If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

First guy taps out after one night. He's freaked out over bears, just because 2 black bears came by and sniffed around his tent in the night.
    If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

I Care...Really

So the film crew is not there to give them a sammich.

I'll have to wait till its out on DVD or something. I watch Mitch on YouTube frequently, so I do wanna watch it.
    Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth; "You owe Me."

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    So the film crew is not there to give them a sammich.
    OMG, hilarious. I recall that line from the late Sam Kinison stand-up routine...

Expert
    First guy let his mind get the best of him. He said that he was scared to go in the woods because of all the predators. He was done before he got there.
    "That government is best which governs the least " Thomas Jefferson

I Care...Really

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjohn View Post
    OMG, hilarious. I recall that line from the late Sam Kinison stand-up routine...
    Ding ding ding.....and luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Caveman View Post
    First guy let his mind get the best of him. He said that he was scared to go in the woods because of all the predators. He was done before he got there.
    It looks like they were not allowed to bring any type of firearms in as part of their survival kits. One guy remarked about how it was the first time he didn't have a gun on him in years.

I don't think I'd want to be up in bear / wolf / cougar country without a .44 mag revolver at the very least. Rifle would be better.

Dude was cowering in his tent with his little hatchet. I can't say I blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    It looks like they were not allowed to bring any type of firearms in as part of their survival kits. One guy remarked about how it was the first time he didn't have a gun on him in years.

I don't think I'd want to be up in bear / wolf / cougar country without a .44 mag revolver at the very least. Rifle would be better.

Dude was cowering in his tent with his little hatchet. I can't say I blame him.
    Me and the Mrs just got back from the Smoky mountains, where we did a pretty decent back country hike IE, nobody else on the trail but us for quite a way.....it is a little unnerving to see fresh bear tracks on the trail, never saw the bear, but still unnerving. I carried my 17+1 SR9, as usual, but I also decided at the last minute to through my Alaskan 44 mag in the top of my pack, just in case. Shooting a bear is not a can of worms I'd want to open in a national park, but I wouldn't go into the back country without some means of protection. I'm always more concerned with having to deal with 2 legged predators than 4, but I always like to have what I might need.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

Oh, and as to the show, I've seen the first episode, thought it was OK.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast