just getting around to joining ( Indiana Home Guard )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Go to

https://uscrow.org/uscrow-cmf-national-militia/enlist-national-militia/

To read a little more about them before you say " Oh No "

This is the first step to becoming the resistance to federal oppression and tyranny.

crow-operator.png

The first step is actually voting, running for public office, that sort of thing. It's almost like we have a legal framework for disagreeing with the government and rectifying it ourselves in a peaceful manner. Now, you don't get to look cool in your shemagh and declare yourself a colonel or the like, so it's certainly not as cool. Working the political process is hard work, much easier to run around in the woods yelling "Wolverines!" and pretending you're doing something without actually doing something.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    crow-operator.png

The first step is actually voting, running for public office, that sort of thing. It's almost like we have a legal framework for disagreeing with the government and rectifying it ourselves in a peaceful manner. Now, you don't get to look cool in your shemagh and declare yourself a colonel or the like, so it's certainly not as cool. Working the political process is hard work, much easier to run around in the woods yelling "Wolverines!" and pretending you're doing something without actually doing something.

1. I do vote
    2. Not much on holding public office ( takes a special demeanor for that )
    3. From what I gather not a whole lot of running around in the woods yelling wolverine going on most of the time is range time and learning... From retired & honerably discharged military personnel that are members.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My older brother is an elected official here locally, he's a royal a hole. He's on the right side of the fence mind you, but what an a hole. I think I'd rather run around in the woods yelling "wolverines" than be like him, but I'm still not quite ready to run around in the woods yelling "wolverines"..... Throw in some real wolverines, and I'm in, those things are bad ass.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Badwolf, don't take this as an insult. Why are you interested in joining this particular militia? Have you served in the military and if not, could you possibly join the National Guard? I'm trying to determine if your reason(s) is to protect your family from others or just be prepared to provide alternative food sources?

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Build your tribe with dudes you would trust with your kids, not some advert on a SHTF forum.

And if SHTF to quote Samuel Culper III "Wait, you mean, nobody was running around, doing patrols in the woods, when SHTF in Venezuela? But, all my TEOTWAWKI fantasies are predicated on the scenes of dystopian fiction that insist I'll be out in the woods playing commando!"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And to my surprise they perform a background check and interview process. Before being allowed to join.

Im sure it has absolutely nothing to do with them not wanting "unknowns" among their ranks. Im sure the spooks could probably create a fake record or take someone else's for a mole, but that would be my reasoning...

Fireball1394

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Northeast Indiana
    I can see the interest in this. I showed a co-worker today and he is interested in joining. Personally, I guess from always being on my own, I tend to shy away from groups, even if they are (or seem to be) for the greater good. In all honesty, if/when SHTF, and they're as straight forward as they say they are, I don't think they're gonna care if you joined up or not. All in it for the greater good kinda thing.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    No but in all honesty. No I never had the honour and privilege to serve. I think that its a good idea to get training and learn tactics from some that have. I'm just hoping from USCrows website that its a little more organized and disciplined than the group in Oregon. And this is a chance to find out.

Because I personally believe some of what they say. Based on the constitution. And no the national guard is not the constitutional definition of a militia because it can be federalized.

1. The founding fathers abhorred the idea of a standing army on US soil that's a given & that is a fact.

2. The Bill of Rights is not just an arbitrary bunch of guidelines it is to protect the rights of the citizens from an over reaching government

3. A true militia reports to no one higher than the governor of the state.

In any **** hit the fan scenario no matter what it is whether it is a natural disaster, or a tyrannical government I personally would rather be with an organized group then by myself. Um what is that " strength in numbers "

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Give it a try and let people know about it. If it's not what it seems to be, you can always leave or become inactive.

Top Bottom