• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What level of medical skills do you have in case of emergency?

• Total voters

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have advanced trauma training but it is a bit out of date now. CPR-first aid all that crap I carried as a former EMT I am pretty sure I could still use in a pinch.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My wife is a nurse.

Its easier to carry my wife and a gun,
    than it is to carry a first aid kit and a cop.

I can cook bacon, didn't see that option on the poll.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've had some trauma training in addition to first aid & aed. Definitely need to refresh the trauma material though - already added it to 2017's training plan.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I should have followed in a family members footsteps and become a doctor. I would have truly enjoyed it. Instead I learned how to send people to the doctor or worse. But they also gave us very extensive medical training. More than just an emt or paramedic level other than the drug training.
    i haven't retained all of it but I have maintained at least a certified first responder level. That will take care of most things I will encounter.
    Besides I still reaped all the benefits of banging hot nurses. A lot of them were freaks in the sheets. But that was before I got married.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I should have followed in a family members footsteps and become a doctor. I would have truly enjoyed it. Instead I learned how to send people to the doctor or worse. But they also gave us very extensive medical training. More than just an emt or paramedic level other than the drug training.
    i haven't retained all of it but I have maintained at least a certified first responder level. That will take care of most things I will encounter.
    Besides I still reaped all the benefits of banging hot nurses. A lot of them were freaks in the sheets. But that was before I got married.

Dont worry she's not a member she can't read this. Your guilty pleasures are safe with us you little closet freak!! Lol. And yes most nurses are freaks!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dont worry she's not a member she can't read this. Your guilty pleasures are safe with us you little closet freak!! Lol. And yes most nurses are freaks!!

Then why aren't us single INGOers being set up with freaky nurses by our fellow INGOers married to nurses?

[video=youtube;QYHxGBH6o4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M[/video]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just took a basic 8 hours first aid class.
    Other additional stuff not taught in the class I gathered thru various videos and books (first aid books from a few countries, military survival and first aid manuals and such).
    I found out that many things are not taught in basic first aid classes for civilians.
    Anything from improvised splints, how to make a stretcher, use a tourniquet and whatnot ... many things that a hiker could use, not just a soldier.

I know that the first aid instructor in the class told us to never use a tourniquet, ever.
    It was taught years ago but they stopped doing it by fear of people misusing it.Even though 18 years old kids in the military are told when to use it and when not to use it.And they don't die by putting it around their neck.:rolleyes:
    Some TCCC classes are available to civilians over here and they teach the use of the tourniquet, but the Red Cross still teaches it's better to die of blood lose.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I just took a basic 8 hours first aid class.
    Other additional stuff not taught in the class I gathered thru various videos and books (first aid books from a few countries, military survival and first aid manuals and such).
    I found out that many things are not taught in basic first aid classes for civilians.

Wilderness First Aid is better and Wilderness First Responder is even better for anyone who ventures off pavement or away from cell service.

CPR/AED/choking though is useful for everyone, and really does save lives anywhere.

Top Bottom