Has Anyone Else Slowed Down On Their Preps????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    Since the election, i have noticed myself slowing down on my preps. Especially after the recount and Trumps confirmation. I caught myself not grabbing a couple of extra cans of vegetables during weekly store runs. Opted for 1 lb. bag of rice instead of 5 lbs. Skipped the ammo sale at local Rural King instead of normal 1 or 2 boxes a week purchase. BUT....... Now with things starting to look as if king Barry is pulling some crazy s**t behind the scenes, i've ramped up again. His administration pointing fingers at Russia election hack, moving SF military closer to Putins' homeland, mass shootings starting to erupt again, race baiting FB postings, majority of ships docked in US ports, things are giving me a sour stomach. Paranoid?? Tin foil hat too tight? False flag in the works? Plans for Barrys extended stay in office?? Maybe?
    Just been getting this sick "feeling" things aren't quite right. Anyone else been going thru similar scenario in the last couple of months?
    NVG

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not so much slowing down as we have reached the limits of available space.
    Rotating things out is more the norm now.
    Still looking for places to put more water.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    CM, U should have plenty of room to store water @ your large compound :D

I just felt a sigh of relief if you will, after the election. Stupid on my part to let my guard down. Should have stuck with my "slow and steady" mentality. Just got into a rut of "don't worry, things are looking up" when in fact we are probably going to see things worse before better.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So let me get this straight. Now you trust the govt since Trump has gotten elected? We've elected a president, not a dictator. The people that have been turning the knives in our back are still where they have always been. Prep like you always have so you don't get caught with your pants down..... assuming you wear pants. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM, U should have plenty of room to store water @ your large compound :D

I just felt a sigh of relief if you will, after the election. Stupid on my part to let my guard down. Should have stuck with my "slow and steady" mentality. Just got into a rut of "don't worry, things are looking up" when in fact we are probably going to see things worse before better.

The current state of our society worries me more than any incursion. But if there is a successful strike on the infrastructure the boiling kettle we are experiencing will explode I am sure.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Refining and adapting for perceived potential threats. Rotating and updating stockpiles.

Percieved threat last year with Hillary speeding towards the throne had a focus on arms and ammo that might not be available in the near future.

Time to watch how racial tensions evolve after the chief race baiter's second term finally ends. And of course how things shake out with the Twitter in chief - Russia, ISIS, NATO, Mexico, China...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Refining and adapting for perceived potential threats. Rotating and updating stockpiles.

Percieved threat last year with Hillary speeding towards the throne had a focus on arms and ammo that might not be available in the near future.

Time to watch how racial tensions evolve after the chief race baiter's second term finally ends. And of course how things shake out with the Twitter in chief - Russia, ISIS, NATO, Mexico, China...

Troubled times.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    K14, not trust, just a false pretense that new prez gave me a "breathing spell" if that makes sense. I always prepare. Similar to one that lives in hurricane region then moves further inland-seen as if the hurricane threat is lessened. Doesn't mean it's gone away just not as much as a threat anymore-make sense???

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    K14, not trust, just a false pretense that new prez gave me a "breathing spell" if that makes sense. I always prepare. Similar to one that lives in hurricane region then moves further inland-seen as if the hurricane threat is lessened. Doesn't mean it's gone away just not as much as a threat anymore-make sense???

I get ya. You're more comfortable with the direction the country is going, from a govt standpoint. But unfortunately, it seems that Trump's election has divided us even further. I think he will be challenged regularly with civil unrest. IMO, I think you should wait before you start slowing down, until Trump is firmly established, and people have accepted him as president (if that ever happens).

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Prep for the most likely things, and you'll find you're more prepared for the less likely. Week long power outages and unemployment will happen regardless of who is in office. If you're not prepared for that, you've no business prepping for BHO coming to your house to take your guns, or a Russian EMP.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    All the signs point to this year being a watershed - Cubs winning, solar eclipse (long a traditional sign of great changes), the above international stuff plus NK, Iran, refugees, Syria. I'm actually stepping up activity.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think we all get to a certain point in preps where we slow down. It varies between individuals, age and circumstances.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I reached a point of diminishing returns on my prepping.

Have actually started using some of the stuff I had stocked up on. Just do not see a reason to prep for a ten year SHTF scenario any longer. I have the family covered if they can get here. I have long term stuff set up, but feel I am at capacity for the cans and bags.

I have even started to consider selling off some of the ammo I have in calibers I do not shoot. Some, not all.

None of this had to do with the election. Same as the two bare lowers I bought. I saw a nice price so I bought them... not thinking about losing my rights or making money, I just thought I would grab a couple more to build up slowly.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I upped my store of reloading stuff because if Clinton won I was going to fleece those who refused to prepare, but since she didn't I now finally have supplies for the rest of my life and a cushion if I ever really do need money. Other than that, my preps are always at maximum because life happens.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Prep for the most likely things, and you'll find you're more prepared for the less likely. Week long power outages and unemployment will happen regardless of who is in office. If you're not prepared for that, you've no business prepping for BHO coming to your house to take your guns, or a Russian EMP./QUOTE]

Woobie is wise. Listen to Woobie. Slow and steady.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Prep for the most likely things, and you'll find you're more prepared for the less likely. Week long power outages and unemployment will happen regardless of who is in office. If you're not prepared for that, you've no business prepping for BHO coming to your house to take your guns, or a Russian EMP./QUOTE]

Woobie is wise. Listen to Woobie. Slow and steady.

Sure. I've said it a hundred times here over the years, but Woobie gets all the credit...

8-)

BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    Business as usual. Doing nothing different, just counting my pennies and spending them wisely. I think until the end of the month the possibility for anything to happen is high.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So let me get this straight. Now you trust the govt since Trump has gotten elected? We've elected a president, not a dictator. The people that have been turning the knives in our back are still where they have always been. Prep like you always have so you don't get caught with your pants down..... assuming you wear pants. ;)

:shady: Pants are of course.....optional....:shady:

Top Bottom