Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation ALERT!!! Pork shoulder roasts 99c per pound (AGAIN) at KROGER. That is all.

Just perused the new Kroger flyer. Pork shoulders are back on the menu, boys!
    ~~ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ~~

Smoked 30 lbs of them last time and parked part of it in the freezer in food saver vacuum bags.
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

Already called the local Kroger meat man, have two cases set aside! The whole summer's worth of pulled pork in one fell swoop!

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Already called the local Kroger meat man, have two cases set aside! The whole summer's worth of pulled pork in one fell swoop!
    Wow.Roughly how much weight is that?
    ~~ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ~~

I have some in the crock pot with onion, potatoes, and carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dane View Post
    Wow.Roughly how much weight is that?
    Approximately 160lbs

Picked some of that up this morning. Got it all chopped and it's currently marinating until my grandsons birthday party this Saturday. We're going to grill them Filipino BBQ style.
    It is not the length of our lives that is in question,but rather the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    I have some in the crock pot with onion, potatoes, and carrots.
    I don't have any plans for supper tonight. Do you need some help consuming that???
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Audie Murphy View Post
    Picked some of that up this morning. Got it all chopped and it's currently marinating until my grandsons birthday party this Saturday. We're going to grill them Filipino BBQ style.
    What’s your recipe?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

I always smoke extra when I'm doing them. I can fit about eight big ones on the smoker.

I double wrap them in heavy aluminum foil when I'm finishing them off on the smoker for the last 4 or 5 hours.

I then let the extras cool down before putting them in a ziplock bag and freezing them.

Once I get ready to reheat I just take the foil wrapped roast and place on a pan with small sides to catch any liquid that might escape if a hole was punctured in the foil. Heat on about 200-250 for a couple hours.

I think they are better once they are frozen and warmed back up. The juices remain in the foil and when they are allowed to cool the juices are reabsorbed into the meat pulling the seasoning and smoke flavor all through the meat.

Then when you heat them back up out comes the juices again. Kind of like a natural marination process.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast