• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    A few years back I purchased a case of MRE's on an INGO group buy.
    I believe they came out of a factory in Evansville.
    I liked them, they were pretty darn good and were self heating.
    I would like to get another case or two but that factory continues to show them as unavailable.
    Do you know of a proven source for good quality MRE's by the case?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Shibumi runs the group buys for these. He usually does one or two a year. maybe worth pm'ing him to see if he is going to do any in the future. The group buy prices are definitely better than just grabbing a couple cases.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Shibumi runs the group buys for these. He usually does one or two a year. maybe worth pm'ing him to see if he is going to do any in the future. The group buy prices are definitely better than just grabbing a couple cases.

The last few times I called they were out of stock for pallets. This spring should see new production and I might do another run when it come in.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The last few times I called they were out of stock for pallets. This spring should see new production and I might do another run when it come in.

Definitely would like to get in if there's another group buy. I'm sure things have changed, but do you remember roughly the cost per case, types of meals, etc from the last time around? Just wanting to get a rough idea.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Look at craigs list and other places also. The Gov. made it legal (haven't changed the packaging yet though) for guys in the military to sell these to regular Joe's a couple years ago. As I understand it, once MRE cases have been issued, go out on a "mission" and don't get used, they cannot be placed back into inventory to be reissued. A lot of bases have piles of cases sitting there and usually a handful of guys that take it upon themselves to sign them out and either use or sell. All that to say it is legal to buy unopened cases of military MRE's and they can often be found at a really good price.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I used some meals from INGO's last group buy on a fishing trip a couple years ago. Three guys all agreed the food was good. The heaters were amazing in how hot they made the entree. The balance of that case is sitting ready in my garage frige if needed. If we do another group buy I am in.

BTW, Thanks for the info KittySlayer.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Although there's great value and even more importantly great purpose for MRE's somehow as someone who had no other choice at the time I find the idea of willing wanting to get and eat these a bit hard to swallow. LOL

Of course you have to understand we aren't just talking about one case and sometimes this was for months at a time. They certainly served their purpose, but it's nothing I've found a need or a desire for since. Nothing wrong with them but after 20 years of CRats and MREs I'm glad I have no purpose for either.

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I would be interested in a couple of cases too. Please contact me if you decide to do a group by. Thanks.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Although there's great value and even more importantly great purpose for MRE's somehow as someone who had no other choice at the time I find the idea of willing wanting to get and eat these a bit hard to swallow. LOL

Of course you have to understand we aren't just talking about one case and sometimes this was for months at a time. They certainly served their purpose, but it's nothing I've found a need or a desire for since. Nothing wrong with them but after 20 years of CRats and MREs I'm glad I have no purpose for either.

I didn't eat them for 20 years, but after the C-rats, the Mre's were a godsend.

I'd be in for a couple of cases, if distribution can be figured out.

Top Bottom