• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    OK, I'll admit it, I'm not a SHTF prepper. I do keep some extra food, water, and ammo on hand (this is Indiana after all, right at the edge of tornado alley), and always like to pick up some pointers or knowledge on new things to try or store. This guy just makes me laugh. Seriously, not sure if he's trying to get people to do things wrong, or if he just doesn't know better. I think he'd be one of those guys that would be dead 15 minutes after a disaster hits. My all-time favorite videos are his flashlight reviews. He hammers nails into a board, freezes them, then ties them to his truck and drags them down the road. Makes me wonder how he would test a hammer...

Kevin, from Survivialistboards.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/survivalistboards/videos

Try not to laugh too much...

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Started watching his stuff years ago- don't know how he's lasted this long- but, i love the accent! Really, it's probably decent " entry level" stuff, but I've seen plenty of instances where he doesn't seem to have his facts right

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    I actually like his channel. Might not be the best but he does have an interesting point of view on some things. SouthernPrepper1 however is by far the best channel I've seen for prepping.

EDIT: Didn't realize the spelling was this bad. Was watching basketball game on break at work while typing this LOL. Excuse the errors as they are now corrected.

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Been on this guys boards for a while. You might want to check it out. Beware The Dark Side.

SP1 seemed a little "off" on some of his vids. He does have a lot of good info though.

Bob

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Maybe I'm watching different videos from you guys? In a first-aid kit video, he talks about using rubbing alcohol to clean out wounds (could not be a more horrible idea). He talks about a certain flashlight being too bright to be tactical? I'm not sure he understands what a "lumen" is.

I guess I'm not sure what concepts or ideas he's trying to push, but if people are getting good stuff out of it, keep putting them out!

hopfdubois

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2017
    Dubois County
    Maybe I'm watching different videos from you guys? In a first-aid kit video, he talks about using rubbing alcohol to clean out wounds (could not be a more horrible idea). He talks about a certain flashlight being too bright to be tactical? I'm not sure he understands what a "lumen" is.

I guess I'm not sure what concepts or ideas he's trying to push, but if people are getting good stuff out of it, keep putting them out!
    Mind telling why it is a bad idea? Not that I don't believe you, just wondering.

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Top Bottom