• ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    New 55 gal. blue food grade, closed head, plastic drums here in indy. $39
    I bought one and it is very nice. New, never used.
    I will be storing water in it.
    Earth-Minded Indy
    3619 E. Terrace Ave. Indpls
    317-357-9853

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On Woot today, main deal is "Food and Water Survival Bundles by Patriot Pantry"

Food and Water Survival Bundles - Woot

Bundle #1 includes: 3-Month Emergency Food Supply, 4-Week Emergency Food Supply, and Survival Spring Water Filter (see Specs tab for full contents)

The 3-Month Food Supply provides one adult with 450 servings of healthy, delicious storable food, drinks and snacks for 90 days, and the 4-Week Supply provides one adult with 140 servings for 30 days.
    Packaged in convenient and lightweight 4-Serving mylar pouches, our low-heat dehydrated food seals in the flavor and high-nutritional value.
    Simple and easy to prepare: just boil water, pour in the food, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and serve up a great meal.
    25 Year shelf-life (manufactured in the last three months)
    Contain NO genetically modified ingredients or added MSG
    Made in the USA

Bundle #2 includes: 4-Week emergency Food Supply, 2-Week Emergency Food Supply, and Survival Spring Water Filter (see Specs tab for full contents)

The 4-Week Food Supply provides one adult with 140 servings of healthy, delicious storable food, drinks and snacks for 30 days, and the 2-Week Supply provides one adult with 70 servings for 14 days.
    25 Year shelf-life (manufactured in the last three months)
    Contain NO genetically modified ingredients or added MSG
    Made in the USA

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Woot keeps offering patriot pantry stuff. I get a little suspicious, because most of these companies do not detail the calories either for each type of food, or total calories for the container. Case in point, I looked at one of the more famous brands that said they had six months of food. When you finally got to the calorie counts, it was 713 per day. To me that is woefully not enough for a survival situation. Perhaps these are better (and I did look at the deals for a bit), but even going to their site, you cannot tell.
    One thing I have found is the Augason Farms one month bucket seems like a really good deal for the money. It has much more realistic calorie count and even has some fire fuel and a water filter in it. It may not be the most ideal solution, but much better than most.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Woot keeps offering patriot pantry stuff. I get a little suspicious, because most of these companies do not detail the calories either for each type of food, or total calories for the container. Case in point, I looked at one of the more famous brands that said they had six months of food. When you finally got to the calorie counts, it was 713 per day. To me that is woefully not enough for a survival situation. Perhaps these are better (and I did look at the deals for a bit), but even going to their site, you cannot tell.
    One thing I have found is the Augason Farms one month bucket seems like a really good deal for the money. It has much more realistic calorie count and even has some fire fuel and a water filter in it. It may not be the most ideal solution, but much better than most.

Yeah, a couple months ago, I dug into the comments of the Patriot Pantry stuff and people were voicing a similar concern... saying the food is woefully inadequate to fulfill the needs it's claiming to fill.

Some said it tasted good, and it works... but it definitely doesn't have enough calories.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    And for the record, I am glad you are posting these deals, so I do not want to squash your efforts.

Also, the stuff may not be bad to have as long as the limitations are known. I do think it is really criminal for these companies to sell this stuff as a X month supply without really disclosing what their month's measurement really is, especially when it is 713 calories per day. By the way Wise is the company doing that. I will not buy their stuff without knowing EXACTLY what is in there!

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I own several hundred bucks worth of Augason Farms that I got on sale. To me they are by far the most ethical and value driven company in that field. However there is NO substitute for doing your own food prepping. It's the only way your are going to come up with the caloric density you will need.
    This site is excellent. You can set up filters for your preferred stores and item categories and it will make it very easy to find stuff on sale, especially meat. Beef has become expensive but pork and chicken are still to be had at great prices.

https://www.mygrocerydeals.com/deals

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For $400 I don't know how great that crossbow is, but I do know for $400 there's a wicked ridge that come with a scope all setup for shooting out to 50 yards. I had one briefly and while I am no crossbow expert, I know if I was to buy another one in the $400 range I'd certainly buy another.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some stuff at today's 'Sports & Outdoors' Woot deal, a CRKT Outdoorsman Bundle for $65

https://www.woot.com/category/sport?ref=w_gh_sp_7

Comes with a CRKT 9070 Guppie, a CRKT 3100 Machete w/ sheath, and a CRKT M16-10KZ 3-inch folding knife

a3029b50-83e2-4cf0-9394-feffb4618383.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Patriot Pantry 1-Week Food Supply Ammo Can (1,500+ Calories/Day) - Woot

One-day deal at Sports Woot. Says it's $30, down from $80. It does seem to be $80 on Amazon. It's $40 at Patriot Supply, though.

Contains:

(4 Servings) Black Bean Soup
    (8 Servings) Maple Grove Oatmeal
    (4 Servings) Traveler's Stew
    (10 Servings) Long Grain White Rice
    (8 Servings) Mac & Cheese
    (4 Servings) Creamy Flavored Chicken Rice
    (4 Servings) Homestyle Potato Soup

gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    Bumping this back to life. I found a subreddit called “preppersales” that lists lots of great deals. Mostly Amazon, but there are others mixed it. I’m trying to get a little more serious about preparing for things that are mostly inevitable: storms, power outages, supply chain issues, etc.
    I think this would be a great one to re spark. I'm in the same boat. It's hard to argue how important it has become.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Up to 60% off all Coleman products today on Amazon.

60% off Augason Farms instant nonfat dry milk.

Up to 60% off Amazon Basics home goods. Shelving units look to be about 20% off.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Wondering why the focus on such things as my Patriot food supply? What about every day canned goods etc? Rural King had canning lids and Bands are serious mark down.
    Be careful of off brand lids. I bought 100 no name lids last year. So far three have lost their seal. The ball lids I used at the same time are fine. Neighbors had the same problem.

If RK has name brand lids closed out I should get some also because I’m throwing the no names away so I’m not tempted to use them.

Top Bottom