• ...and so much more!
  • 100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    Hi all,
    I am thinking about lift pumps for fuel transfer and use in a grid down scenario.
    i am looking to make a ammo can style pump and hose kit. Yes I am going to store it in a Faraday cage and it will only come out if needed. What would be the best pump and or lift pump out there to not only do auto, but from a gas station holding tank. I know I have read about one in a book some time ago but don't remember the details.
    Just looking for some input and maybe a good discussion.
    Thanks
    100 X

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have 2 Holley blue 12V pumps that we kept when I sold off the race cars. They are hi-volume compared to the Holley Red units and move some fuel when doing can to car or reverse. I have them manifolded together with alligator clips on long wires to tap off the battery. This is a great system.

As to lifting from an in ground tank you might look at a diaphragm style pump as they have very positive lift capabilities. You can get them in any configuration you might need including pneumatically ran. Most are 115V units and you might need an invertor/Genny to run them. The key is lift.

Top Bottom