• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Was Krogering earlier and meandered past the magazines. Much to my surprise they had not one but two prepper/survivalist magazines in the racks. I've never seen such out in general population before, only at bookstores.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Most of the Kroger stores carry a variety of the survival/prepper magazines. I've seen at least half a dozen titles in Crawfordsville, and that's in addition to the homestead/off grid magazines.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I've been seeing this for years now, anywhere that has a magazine rack. Offgrid is a shoot off from Recoil Magazine and seems to be popular. Modern Pioneer, Mother Earth News, etc. Are a few more. I'm a long time fan of The Backwoodsman. Only Rag I'll religiously spend my money on. Most firearms mags have dedicated prepper columns now too. It's trendy. Survivalism has become big business. Some of those magazines run as much as a quality box of ammo though...

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    What were they like? Anything decent or just full of "what to put in your bugout bag" articles?

If you've been a long time Survivalist/self defense proponent, you won't find anything new. I tend to steer more towards the depart from modern society/self reliance bent.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been seeing this for years now, anywhere that has a magazine rack. Offgrid is a shoot off from Recoil Magazine and seems to be popular. Modern Pioneer, Mother Earth News, etc. Are a few more. I'm a long time fan of The Backwoodsman. Only Rag I'll religiously spend my money on. Most firearms mags have dedicated prepper columns now too. It's trendy. Survivalism has become big business. Some of those magazines run as much as a quality box of ammo though...

Indeed! If you like them enough to buy them regularly, subscriptions are a much better deal.

Top Bottom