• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's funny when people say you're paranoid because you have some emergency food, water, etc... but totally ignore the effects of natural disasters in the news, or the fact that Federal and State governments advise you to have at least 3 days supply of certain items.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The author just cant stop displaying bias.

weekend paranoiacs of affluent means

You don't have to be affluent to save a little each month. A little water here, a little food there.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Few in NY will survive if they wanted to prep anyway...no guns, no ammo = no ability to defend your preps = target when everyone else gets hungry. I'm glad I'm a long way from that mess.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I get the Sunday NY Times but haven't read that article yet. I remember not too many years ago there was a blackout in NYC and the news showed long lines of folks queued up at bodegas to buy flashlights, batteries, etc. I remember looking around my living room and realizing I had three flashlights, an oil lantern, a wind up radio - all within 10' of the couch. Heck, there were six cases of MREs in the entertainment center.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I get the Sunday NY Times but haven't read that article yet. I remember not too many years ago there was a blackout in NYC and the news showed long lines of folks queued up at bodegas to buy flashlights, batteries, etc. I remember looking around my living room and realizing I had three flashlights, an oil lantern, a wind up radio - all within 10' of the couch. Heck, there were six cases of MREs in the entertainment center.

Racist Fascist!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I don't "prep" for commies coming over the hill. But I do try to stay able to feed and defend myself in case of, oh, I don't know. A tornado? An ice storm? Surely neither of these has ever happened in Indiana. .....

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I don't "prep" for commies coming over the hill. But I do try to stay able to feed and defend myself in case of, oh, I don't know. A tornado? An ice storm? Surely neither of these has ever happened in Indiana. .....
    WTH is wrong with you? The govt does all that. Duh.

edit: good call though. I need to run the genny this weekend and make sure it's good to go.

Top Bottom