You have a plan but how are you going to get there....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SLIM86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Plan B Supply
    Planbsupply.com
    This is out of my price range but I love the idea. You have you r bug out bag and a plan but how are you going to get there?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of folks say that they will stay where they are. Me too.

That said, we may not have a choice. There are disasters, man made and natural, that could effectively shove us off of our home base, if we don't choose to die there.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Train wreck with chemical discharge.
    in Indy Eli Lilly releasing arsenic from the technology center downtown.
    Hordes of zombies.

For the the most part I am sticking to the homestead. Growing up my bug out bag was if the coppers or some angry husband was after me.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I'm too old to run and too stuborn to start over. This is my home and everything worth fighting for is already here. I'll stick it out here until the end.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am saving my pennies for one of these. Should be able to afford it in about 150 years. :D

m113_l1.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of armored vehicles with tracks vs. tires?

Well, there are always exceptions but generally tracks have less of a foot print (lbs per square inch on the ground) and give better cross country capability. Tires provide better on road performance and last much longer than tracks, much cheaper also. Tracks are much more bullet resistant than tires.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    You can buy one...but much like a MG it's going to be difficult (and really expensive) to keep it fed.

Good point. I guess it's really more of a pipe dream. Probably have to budget for a divorce shortly after that purchase. It would be almost impossible to hide it. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Train wreck with chemical discharge.
    in Indy Eli Lilly releasing arsenic from the technology center downtown.
    Hordes of zombies.

For the the most part I am sticking to the homestead. Growing up my bug out bag was if the coppers or some angry husband was after me.

Zombies are real. My area would be rife with them 5 to 7 days after SHTF for real.
    No power. No water. No natural gas. No fuel at the pump (no power) and the Zombies would be out in strength.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Good point. I guess it's really more of a pipe dream. Probably have to budget for a divorce shortly after that purchase. It would be almost impossible to hide it. :):

Yeah, also when I was in tanks I think we averaged 4hrs of maintenance for every hour of operation...you'd really need a crew to help out. Not that I wouldn't want one if I could but it would probably just end up being a really big paper weight. As it is I just stop by the local veterans park to rap my knuckles on the glacis slope of an M60 and remember.

Top Bottom