Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsman View Post
    Junk silver (previously circulated coins) can be purchased at the daily silver spot price. There is usually a different premium (markup) for rounds/bars vs eagles. I've been to a shop where 1 oz silver rounds/bars were a dollar more spot value.

Silver Coin Melt Values with Live Silver Prices - Coinflation
    I've never been in a shop or on a website where pre-1964 coins were sold at the spot price for their silver content without some level of markup. Where are you buying at spot price??!!??

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Sharpshooter
    At the moment, JM is just ahead of APMEX on ASEs (decided to pick some up for my kids and myself). Both have free shipping over $100 (one appears to have a minimum order of $100, too, not sure about both).

ETA: APMEX has a much larger selection of BU ASEs - Discovered after looking for their birth years.
    Last edited by IndyTom; 4 Days Ago at 14:40.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I've never been in a shop or on a website where pre-1964 coins were sold at the spot price for their silver content without some level of markup. Where are you buying at spot price??!!??

Really. They work for free?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Agreed, however for a very short time earlier this year Provident was selling mixed junk silver at spot as a sale/clearance. $1.00 face was priced at 0.715 X spot.

I remember during the 2011 run-up in price, junk silver was commanding a very significant premium, especially on the secondary market.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5