Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

This is 2 towns over from me. 3 towns affected. It looks like it was pretty bad. Close to 100 residences has fires, explosions or leaks. People are still not allowed back to their homes. Had some clients cancel today.
    Seems it was all from one natural gas provider. That provider waited 5 hours before issuing any statement at all.
    Hoping it gets back to normal soon and that the victim toll doesn't rise as they get to the homes. There's one conformed dead and about 13 injured, which sounds low. Tragic for the victims of course. They say they need to go to about 8,500 locations to ensure no leaks......
    Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    This is 2 towns over from me. 3 towns affected. It looks like it was pretty bad. Close to 100 residences has fires, explosions or leaks. People are still not allowed back to their homes. Had some clients cancel today.
    Seems it was all from one natural gas provider. That provider waited 5 hours before issuing any statement at all.
    Hoping it gets back to normal soon and that the victim toll doesn't rise as they get to the homes. There's one conformed dead and about 13 injured, which sounds low. Tragic for the victims of course. They say they need to go to about 8,500 locations to ensure no leaks......
    I dont mind. Being complete and accurate is better than being first. Better to wait and do it right, than to stand there saying something just to say something and having to correct yourself later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Stay safe buddy.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I dont mind. Being complete and accurate is better than being first. Better to wait and do it right, than to stand there saying something just to say something and having to correct yourself later.
    The statement sucked though. Basically: There's a problem and we have crews out. It was a statement on their website.....No spokesperson, nobody addressing the media (have not really checked today though)

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Stay safe buddy.
    Thanks trying to do. I have a different gas provider, so hopefully that counts. I recognize a name of one of the deceased, but now the last name is changed. Hoping it wasn't an coworkers relative.
    Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad....

User Info Menu

That provider waited 5 hours before issuing any statement at all....
    So the working people that carry tools at the gas provider to their boss:

Do you want me to work on fixing the problem and mitigating any additional damage or do you want me to stop and explain what happened so you can get your face on the 5 o'clock news being interviewed by some cub reporter?

Not everything has to be reported for the next news cycle.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

So in an emergency do you need those fancy tools or can it be shut off with a pair of Channel Locs?

Does a Leatherman have enough bite and leverage?
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittySlayer View Post
    So in an emergency do you need those fancy tools or can it be shut off with a pair of Channel Locs?

Does a Leatherman have enough bite and leverage?
    ANY wrench would do it. However these are supposed to be made so they cant cause any sparks.

Depending on how stiff the valve is, probably not. Unless you have REALLY strong hands. but a crescent wrench or the like would do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

ANY wrench would do it. However these are supposed to be made so they cant cause any sparks.

Depending on how stiff the valve is, probably not. Unless you have REALLY strong hands. but a crescent wrench or the like would do it.
    We have practiced this with the family at our house. A large crescent wrench worked fine. They know where to find them. But it makes more sense to have the tool hanging at the valve, ready to go, and sparkless.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

We have practiced this with the family at our house. A large crescent wrench worked fine. They know where to find them. But it makes more sense to have the tool hanging at the valve, ready to go, and sparkless.
    The man has a point. Back when I lived in town I used a crescent wrench, but in an emergency sparkless might be good.
    It is good to have friends when you need them, even if they are only in your head

User Info Menu

brass tools are "spark-less"
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast