• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I put this kit together this weekend...My normal woods walking rig is my Bearcat...Dad picked me up this Morakniv last week and I did some mods to it and the holster for my NAA Earl....With the four inch barrel it's capable of decent accuracy and could take a squirrel within range...

DqMWrjcXQAAyLEf.jpg

DqMWrjdXgAA4-5r.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I put this kit together this weekend...My normal woods walking rig is my Bearcat...Dad picked me up this Morakniv last week and I did some mods to it and the holster for my NAA Earl....With the four inch barrel it's capable of decent accuracy and could take a squirrel within range...

Did you square the spine on the Mora so would throw sparks from your ferro rod? I also like to wrap cordage around my Mora sheaths. I used to do para cord, but I can get a lot more bank line wrapped and it's plenty strong for most tasks. And then I put a loop of shock cord at the top through the belt clip that I can slide over the end of the grip to prevent loss.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Did you square the spine on the Mora so would throw sparks from your ferro rod? I also like to wrap cordage around my Mora sheaths. I used to do para cord, but I can get a lot more bank line wrapped and it's plenty strong for most tasks. And then I put a loop of shock cord at the top through the belt clip that I can slide over the end of the grip to prevent loss.

Yes...It sparks like a champ now....Post me a pic of how you do that shock cord thingy.....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes...It sparks like a champ now....Post me a pic of how you do that shock cord thingy.....

This guy used some kind of elastic band like the things women use to hold their hair. I did the same thing with elastic cord. You make a loop that is secured by the belt clip, then you can slide it over the top of the grip and off again with one hand.

maxresdefault.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This guy used some kind of elastic band like the things women use to hold their hair. I did the same thing with elastic cord. You make a loop that is secured by the belt clip, then you can slide it over the top of the grip and off again with one hand.

That's a good idea, I'm going to do something like that with my Mora. I take it on backpacking trips, and the only convenient place to keep it is clipped inside one of the side pockets on my backpack, and sometimes I worry that it might fall out of the sheath when I put my pack on and take it off.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's a good idea, I'm going to do something like that with my Mora. I take it on backpacking trips, and the only convenient place to keep it is clipped inside one of the side pockets on my backpack, and sometimes I worry that it might fall out of the sheath when I put my pack on and take it off.

:thumbsup:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Holster flaps in civilian life have gone the way of common sense, glad to see one.
    I take a lot of crap by 'Combat' shooters for having flaps, but I've never had to quick draw a squirrel and my firearms aren't cheap, protecting them makes sense.
    I do use a stud instead of a snap, no noise and doesn't fall apart...
    The flap tucking under the loop works too, it just didn't cross my mind.

That's a FINE looking revolver, I really like it.
    I carried a single shot 'Pocket Rifle' my grandpa gave me way back when, and it put a lot of game on the table. Grandparents LOVED game meat, and I always worked out in pastures & fields (farm kid) so I ran across game quite often.
    That little single shot was light, fairly accurate so it got used fairly often.

Top Bottom