Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Para Cord: How Much Do You Use & For What?

So I just finished a 1000 foot spool of para cord for the first time (Tru-Spec, coyote brown). It took a few years and the spool was a mess at the end. I used other sources along the way (including about a third of a 1000 foot spool of gray), so I've probably gone through at least 1250-1500 feet if paracord.

I used it for boot laces, lanyards, more lanyards, more boot laces, restraining cargo in my vehicles, carrying packages (had to improvise a way to carry several pizza with one hand while I was climbing stairs a few years ago), stashing pieces with different kits and in different places in case I need cordage away from home, re-lacing a body armor carrier, field expedient pet leashes, connecting slings to rifles, making slings and other straps longer,converting sheaths to danglers, wrapping handles, field expedient repairs on all kinds of gear, handles/grips, extensions of handles/grips, etc.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Boy Scout, we go through 1000 feet + in a years time. Other then that just about what you have already said. I have 20 foot lengths stashed all over the place. Also I donít use bungee cords. Truckers hitch is one of the best knots to know how to tie.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Boy Scout, we go through 1000 feet + in a years time. Other then that just about what you have already said. I have 20 foot lengths stashed all over the place. Also I donít use bungee cords. Truckers hitch is one of the best knots to know how to tie.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I had 2 fair sized spools in white and brown. I was looking for them to incorperate into the new and improved bug out supplys and no where to be found. I asked the spouse and she said "Oh yeah, I meant to tell you we used all of that up some time ago"........I said "Both rolls".....shed said "Yes and can you get us some more"

Her and the daughter do a lot of craft projects. Apparently Para cord is great for them. I should really pay more attention.

Where do you guys get yours.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I had 2 fair sized spools in white and brown. I was looking for them to incorperate into the new and improved bug out supplys and no where to be found. I asked the spouse and she said "Oh yeah, I meant to tell you we used all of that up some time ago"........I said "Both rolls".....shed said "Yes and can you get us some more"

Her and the daughter do a lot of craft projects. Apparently Para cord is great for them. I should really pay more attention.

Where do you guys get yours.
    Amazon in the past, but the next spool I buy, I'm going to check some other sources for potentially better prices.

I'm also using bank line for some cordage needs now, which is awesome when it's adequate for the job.

INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Amazon in the past, but the next spool I buy, I'm going to check some other sources for potentially better prices.

I'm also using bank line for some cordage needs now, which is awesome when it's adequate for the job.
    Bank line...???

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Boot laces, lanyards, key fobs, zipper pulls, lashing gear, bracelets, replacing tent lines, knife handles, all kinds of stuff...

I get it at Walmart more often than anywhere else. It's close and real 7 strand 550 cord.
    A knife is never really yours until it drinks your blood.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbombelli View Post
    Boot laces, lanyards, key fobs, zipper pulls, lashing gear, bracelets, replacing tent lines, knife handles, all kinds of stuff...

I get it at Walmart more often than anywhere else. It's close and real 7 strand 550 cord.
    Thanks. What area of the store. I am not a Wally regular.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

lanyards, fobs, bracelets, a quick makeshift sling for a shotgun, line for a 10 lb boat anchor, general cordage for tying things up including sleeping bags and pads and, of course, various lengths stashed in numerous bags (get home, bugout, etc.)

Still not halfway through a 1,000 foot spool of black cord I bought from Campingsurvival.com (wow... 5 years ago... I need to use it more often)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

User Info Menu

Possibilities are about endless. I just tossed a fresh roll of yellow reflective on the garage work bench. I like the high viz stuff for knives and tool lanyards. Easy to spot if a tool gets left on the ground. Great stuff and I stash it around.

I do a lot of small engine repair. Works great tied onto mower deck springs and other riding mower springs to get them reinstalled. Tie it on one end of the spring. Sit on your butt and pull.

I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast