Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

User Info Menu

Sarah Palin's family is fine but their house is not per her twitter feed......
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    With all that shaking around of an earthquake I'm sure at least one of them just got knocked up again. Too soon?

On a more serious note. I was just up in Anchorage last August and local people and historical sites still remembered the earthquake from '64 very well. That earthquake really crippled Anchorage for some time, but there aren't as many high rise buildings there as a person might suspect for the size of it's town. The nice thing about Alaskans is that they're generally prepared, generally tough, and definitely look out for each other. I think they'll go through a rough patch getting all fixed up, but ultimately they're all going to be fine.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I wonder if that leads to the bridge to nowhere.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    With all that shaking around of an earthquake I'm sure at least one of them just got knocked up again. Too soon?

On a more serious note. I was just up in Anchorage last August and local people and historical sites still remembered the earthquake from '64 very well. That earthquake really crippled Anchorage for some time, but there aren't as many high rise buildings there as a person might suspect for the size of it's town. The nice thing about Alaskans is that they're generally prepared, generally tough, and definitely look out for each other. I think they'll go through a rough patch getting all fixed up, but ultimately they're all going to be fine.
    I used to joke around that working at a McDonald's in Alaska makes you tougher than the average Joe from the lower 48....That land builds character....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I wonder if that leads to the bridge to nowhere.
    It is the road I believe....

User Info Menu

"Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

Expert

User Info Menu

It's an idle question but how much does permafrost contribute to this kind of road damage?It doesn't seem to be this bad in CA

User Info Menu

I wonder how cold the pavement and soil underneath were when this happened and if the increased brittleness of the materials at lower temps made it worse than it might have been otherwise.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I wonder how cold the pavement and soil underneath were when this happened and if the increased brittleness of the materials at lower temps made it worse than it might have been otherwise.
    I'm sure the cold didn't help anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3