Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Grandmaster indiucky's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Sarah Palin's family is fine but their house is not per her twitter feed......
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

  2. #22
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    Sarah Palin's family is fine but their house is not per her twitter feed......
    With all that shaking around of an earthquake I'm sure at least one of them just got knocked up again. Too soon?

    On a more serious note. I was just up in Anchorage last August and local people and historical sites still remembered the earthquake from '64 very well. That earthquake really crippled Anchorage for some time, but there aren't as many high rise buildings there as a person might suspect for the size of it's town. The nice thing about Alaskans is that they're generally prepared, generally tough, and definitely look out for each other. I think they'll go through a rough patch getting all fixed up, but ultimately they're all going to be fine.

  3. #23
    Grandmaster indiucky's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

  4. #24
    Grandmaster T.Lex's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I wonder if that leads to the bridge to nowhere.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

  5. #25
    Grandmaster indiucky's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    With all that shaking around of an earthquake I'm sure at least one of them just got knocked up again. Too soon?

    On a more serious note. I was just up in Anchorage last August and local people and historical sites still remembered the earthquake from '64 very well. That earthquake really crippled Anchorage for some time, but there aren't as many high rise buildings there as a person might suspect for the size of it's town. The nice thing about Alaskans is that they're generally prepared, generally tough, and definitely look out for each other. I think they'll go through a rough patch getting all fixed up, but ultimately they're all going to be fine.
    I used to joke around that working at a McDonald's in Alaska makes you tougher than the average Joe from the lower 48....That land builds character....
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

  6. #26
    Grandmaster indiucky's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I wonder if that leads to the bridge to nowhere.
    It is the road I believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

  7. #27
    Grandmaster red_zr24x4's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    Sarah Palin's family is fine but their house is not per her twitter feed......

    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

  8. #28
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    It's an idle question but how much does permafrost contribute to this kind of road damage?It doesn't seem to be this bad in CA

  9. #29
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I wonder how cold the pavement and soil underneath were when this happened and if the increased brittleness of the materials at lower temps made it worse than it might have been otherwise.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  10. #30
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I wonder how cold the pavement and soil underneath were when this happened and if the increased brittleness of the materials at lower temps made it worse than it might have been otherwise.
    I'm sure the cold didn't help anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •