• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Like the title eludes to, what does door to door confiscation look like for gun owners that have NFA items?
    Play along with me here and let me throw out some parameters.
    This is a literal door to door thing. As in you can poke your head out of the window and see them at your neighbors house 2 doors down. They are searching houses and have lists of people that have done background checks for guns. All guns.

Given these parameters, most gun owners could easily say that they have sold all their guns in private sales and no longer own any and would in theory be off the hook as long as the guns weren’t found.

What about NFA item owners? Saying you sold your SBR or suppressor in a private sale doesn’t exactly make your situation any better. Is it just that simple that NFA items are doomed and there’s no way around it other than the “come and take it” or “hand them in” route? Do you think NFA items would be exempt from confiscations sense they are already “registered”? (Not likely in an all out gun confiscation)

I’m by no means trying to talk about killing law enforcement or anything like that. Simply asking for the theoretical options for NFA item owners. Curious on the viewpoints of people that may have given this more thought than I have.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    giphy.gif

ETA:
    Sorry, I'm curious about what the responses might be - at a variety of levels.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Setting those unrealistic parameters, you're going to give up said NFA items, because if you don't they will be back with a Bradley and level your house with you in it.

Like you said, hypothetical.:)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You won't see them coming down the block, your house would be first, at 3 AM on a Sunday.

Yep. This isnt going to be a literal house by house search like your mailman delivers the mail, or a Jehovas Witness canvasses the neighborhood in a predictable way. One day at 5am you are going to hear your neigbor's door kicked in and flash bangs going off. A week or two later, another neighbor at 3am. Then another at 10AM while he's at work to execute the warrant. Then another several days later where they swoop in as the guy pulls into the neighborhood on his way home from work. When will be your time? Who knows?

Just pointing out that this aint going to be a predictable, methodical search. That would be too dangerous for the .gov jackboots. (theoretically speaking of course)

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Assuming I had NFA items (I don't for many reasons, cost being only the first), I'd do my very best to hide anything that they can't unequivocally prove that I have. As long as the NFA item wasn't a go-to for me, which it wouldn't be for reasons such as this, I'd give it up and fight the legal battle. Like I'd say regarding any unlawful arrest/detention/harassment, you will likely walk away from a legal fight in good health. Gunfights, not so much.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    What needs to happen, & I've thought hard about how to do this & who on earth would dare host the site, is create a "tyrant watch" webpage. People in power need to fear this webpage because it'll have a hierarchical listing showing who they report to, who are their subordinates, home offices, phone & email, etc. Along with the contact info there should be a "meter" showing how tyrannical they really are based upon their actions.

The now banned Facebook group "I stand with CT Gun Owners" group did this to Gov. Dannel Malloy & the police in Connecticut shortly after the Sandy Hook commissions recommended mass regulation and confiscation.
    Most info appears to have been scrubbed from Google and Facebook. I'm having trouble finding any articles now.
    Here's one mention:
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2014/03/03/when-they-come-a-warning-to-connecticut-police/

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    What needs to happen, & I've thought hard about how to do this & who on earth would dare host the site, is create a "tyrant watch" webpage. People in power need to fear this webpage because it'll have a hierarchical listing showing who they report to, who are their subordinates, home offices, phone & email, etc. Along with the contact info there should be a "meter" showing how tyrannical they really are based upon their actions.

The now banned Facebook group "I stand with CT Gun Owners" group did this to Gov. Dannel Malloy & the police in Connecticut shortly after the Sandy Hook commissions recommended mass regulation and confiscation.
    Most info appears to have been scrubbed from Google and Facebook. I'm having trouble finding any articles now.
    Here's one mention:
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2014/03/03/when-they-come-a-warning-to-connecticut-police/
    The only thing I'm seeing from following this link is insane sensationalism.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    NFA items will, most likely, be the first things asked for. Nicely. Once. Then they'll be demanded. Then demanded more forcefully. Once confiscation happens - then what MAY need to happen in response is something that probably ought not be talked about on a forum.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Are we talking Red Dawn "obtain the Form 4473s" type of confiscation, or "dem darn liebrals gonna take argh guns!!1!"?

The moment legally possessed and BATFE-registered Title II weapons, owned by the most law-abiding citizens this country has, are 'nicely asked' to be handed over to Uncle Sugar will be the moment civil unrest like this country has not seen in decades will begin.

The moment the first law-abiding owner gets no-knocked in the middle of the night to seize their Title II weapons will light the match that starts a fire most folks simply cannot comprehend...and it won't be limited to folks who are stamp collectors.

In the beyond highly unlikely event a circumstance as posited ever presents itself the brownshirts can have my suppressors and registered SBR lowers....cuz I might just maybe possibly have other, non-SBR registered lowers that are functionally identical to the ones in BATFE's registers.

Top Bottom