Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Hoping to mound rows for bush beans this weekend. If they get going, I'll have to have my pellet rifle handy as the rabbits are thick as squirrels this year.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by COOPADUP View Post
    Hoping to mound rows for bush beans this weekend.
    Why do you do that?

We have never found that to be particularly necessary.
    President's Hundred
    A2 Service Rifle High Master XC
    Distinguished Rifleman
    1,000 yd A2 Service Rifle Expert
    Incessant Tinkerer

User Info Menu

I need to check to see if my seeds are sprouting yet and check for hoof prints. I planted last week but didn't deer proof the fence so I may have to do that. Flower gardens are thriving and looking gorgeous. Grass needs mowed so that is on today's list as well.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

User Info Menu

I have to mow my grass, but I also need to replace the steering sector (rack and pinion) on my mower. I can still turn right okay, but turning left isn't so good. I think I'm gonna mow, turning right, before I try and fix it, just in case the repair job doesn't go as smoothly as the youtube video I found for it makes it seem. At least I'll have 3 or 4 days before the grass needs mowing again if the repair goes awry.

User Info Menu

Marigolds around the perimeter of the garden are all sprouting, as are the cucumber and squash. Tomatoes and pepper plants all look good.

Hubby mowed...including some of the flowers so he is now grounded from mowing. I told him I would use the push mower to trim around the flowers before he went out...he does not listen well.....
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

User Info Menu

All my greens have started to bolt.... seemed like a short season for them.

Master

User Info Menu

Heat and humidity will do that. Fortunately, you can grow them from seed and plant them multiple times/year.
    If Americans go much longer without jobs and haircuts, we'll all become hippies.

jpr
    Plinker

User Info Menu

We have a baby cauliflower starting. The second picture is two weeks ago and third is yesterday. This is our first attempt at straw bale gardening but so far nothing has been lost.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    We have a baby cauliflower starting. The second picture is two weeks ago and third is yesterday. This is our first attempt at straw bale gardening but so far nothing has been lost.
    Looking good so far jpr! I'd never heard of doing this until you posted about it, so I'll be interested to see how the season goes. It looks a heck of a lot better than my still unplanted mud patch!

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Lets talk onions...

I put in three bundles of plants fairly early this year and they are doing pretty well. No bulbs to pull as of yet, but lots of green. My question to you all is weather the onion stalk is done working when it falls or gets bent over by the wind? If it's laying on the ground, is it still helping the plant or not?

What I'm getting at is that I've been cutting the stalks that make it to the ground and using the "green onions" as the onions for all cooking needs. Am I hurting the rest of the onion by cutting these?

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast