Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

User Info Menu

I will say this, my snow peas absolutely love this weather. I have never picked as many as this year... i have two big grocery bags in the fridge... may have to try to pawn some off on the kids...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Found some onions in the weed patch...

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Strange looking cantaloupes. Hmm...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Strange looking cantaloupes. Hmm...

Just think... you can carve them in October and have Jack-o-Loupes!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

It's Reaper time...

Finally got one of this year's asparagus seeds to germinate after numerous tries. Anyone have knowledge of the proper way to get better germination success on asparagus?

Master

User Info Menu

So, you are saying that planting it with a body for fertilizer is having only limited success?

Sorry, can't say. Looks like you have a good seed mixture there. I used root sets to get my asparagus patch started.

What kind of peppers are those? Look dangerous.
    Democrats: Vote for us and we'll take away your cars, your guns and your meat.

User Info Menu

Does compost really get hot enough here in Indiana to kill the seeds in the mix?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    So, you are saying that planting it with a body for fertilizer is having only limited success?

Sorry, can't say. Looks like you have a good seed mixture there. I used root sets to get my asparagus patch started.

What kind of peppers are those? Look dangerous.

User Info Menu

Tomatoes starting to get ripe, beans coming in, zucchini growing fast, lots of onions drying, already have an orange pumpkin, deer are eating off the tops of the bean plants that are above the fence.
    Walmart potato plants are worthless.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

ďThere's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.Ē - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKBJ View Post
    Does compost really get hot enough here in Indiana to kill the seeds in the mix?
    It surely can, if you manage it right with the right ingredients and regular mixing. I've done that in the past, but I really don't worry about it anymore. All of the weeds that I pull go into my compost regardless because I want the organic matter, even if I get weed seeds with it. I don't mix my compost much, because it's hard to do in my wire bins, so it takes a lot longer to finish.

Compost is one of those things that people over-think, and I also think that if you read all of the "Rules of Compost" that you see, it might make you think that it's just too complicated to even do. Everything that comes out of my garden goes back into it, except for tomato, potato, pepper, bean, and vine crop plants, which I burn. All of the weeds I pull and all of the waste from canning and every leaf I can get go into the compost.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast