Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoxaJunk View Post
    How often do you apply it to your tomatoes and at what point do you start?
    There's lots of info on the internet, but I use a 2% solution in a Windex bottle and spray the plants and the ground around them after they get about a foot tall. It doesn't take much, but I respray after rains. Grapes, apples, berries and peppers get a direct application, but I start spraying grapes before the leaves or flowers come out as black rot can be in dead areas of the vine.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    There's lots of info on the internet, but I use a 2% solution in a Windex bottle and spray the plants and the ground around them after they get about a foot tall. It doesn't take much, but I respray after rains. Grapes, apples, berries and peppers get a direct application, but I start spraying grapes before the leaves or flowers come out as black rot can be in dead areas of the vine.
    I'm going to try that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer rifle View Post
    We finally had to give up on drip irrigation - our water is so bad that it clogs the emitters with calcium and iron and they stop working. Probably have to go to sprinklers now.
    That's what happened to mine, when I had them on well water. I'd like to get a pump and hook up my rain water tank to the drip system, but I'm not sure that I have enough capacity in my rain tank.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Wonder if the copper sulfate would fend off whatever sort of blight my pepper plants seem to get nearly every year?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Copper sulfate worked well on mine, the internet is full of info on various plants. I tried garden store fungicides because my grapes were getting wiped out regularly. I thought this can't be how crops are grown commercially, it would be way to expensive. Some internet work brought up copper sulfate solutions which have been used for centuries. It's not considered fashionable from an ecological viewpoint, but I just want crops without having to spend a fortune on special chemicals to get them.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
    Is that just composting straw or did you do something else to the bed?
    It is about 10 inches of composted wood chips/topsoil with 4-5 inches of straw on top.I will remove a couple inches of straw in a few weeks.
    Better to go Kamikaze than to go the Flamethrower in a cave treatment! Miguel

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I just got through mudding in some cole crops and onions. The ground is certainly still cold.

I am reminded why most years I'm late with this process. It's just tough for me to wrap my head around long pants and long sleeves in the garden.

I'm still c-c-c-c-c-c-cold....
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5