• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-earthquake-california-shake-quake-20190704-story.html

data=T1MsRdimth6H9JhSIUcalbYwbcip78kL50DVmrIbUKohBhsTkr-X2yuJmIJj_CahUWFTx5zWfvLj4ctahh7DrXTC2rW20RWxNBeHEGHbhiPaR3slGx4rNoeQGZGXcQ4V9itSarj9VK8H4e7nG97h-_8XNqGR0QqrsZCtdZU1-VNI-QQH4ERUpJ7ZAi4REKw0EarJJYfqbZdnDKSI6YhomfSotd1TKnmncy8

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I was about 9 miles from the epicenter of the 6.6 magnitude Northridge earthquake and that was a helluva shake. Was in a pretty strong quake in Germany also. They are scary.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My son is stationed there. He didn't feel it on base, but his wife works in Santa Barbara and she felt it. They are getting on a plane tonight at midnight to come visit us. Maybe the "big one" will come in the next couple days and they won't have to go back.:)

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    We were walking into Legoland years ago and an earthquake happened while we were driving there. Had no idea until we walked up and they said they had to check all the rides before we could go in. I asked why? & they told me. Kids felt ripped off they missed it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Brief earthquakes are disconcerting. Weak earthquakes are disconcerting.

Strong earthquakes that keep going for a while are terrifying (rhino was in a 6.9 Mw that lasted a long time).

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I was in a big, long one (6.3 magnitude in 1984) and thought it was neat. However, both of my co-workers got the whitest scared faces that I have ever seen.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was in a couple while stationed in Commiefornia '83 - '87.
    I was also in the one years later that was close to Kokomo tho closer to a tremor than a true 'quake but it still scared the poo out of my step-dad's father who was from Mayo County, Ireland.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was tending bar in the 80's at a Wanamaker shotgun tavern. My best buddy was drinking on the other side of the bar along with 4-5 others. All the glasses and bottles shook and rattled each other pretty hard. We thought someone crashed their car into the building...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    My son is stationed there. He didn't feel it on base, but his wife works in Santa Barbara and she felt it. They are getting on a plane tonight at midnight to come visit us. Maybe the "big one" will come in the next couple days and they won't have to go back.:)

My son is stationed at 29 Palms, he has been in Vegas since Tuesday night for the week and he felt it.
    I also have a sister on the other side of the fault outside of LA that just felt a little rumble.

Top Bottom